032. an ocean full of conflict

I LOVE YOU SO
Chapter Thirty-two
An ocean full of conflict.

FROM ALL THOSE days of surviving, Hwang Aera hadn't been able to experience the true bliss of it until the tides brushed against her cheeks, the coldness of the waters were almost like a healing— for a moment or so though

FROM ALL THOSE days of surviving, Hwang Aera hadn't been able to experience the true bliss of it until the tides brushed against her cheeks, the coldness of the waters were almost like a healing— for a moment or so though. As soon as the bitterness of the sea touched upon the tip of her tongue, she was reminded of the barbaric memories that were etched into her mind.

The recollections were like hungry ghosts, demanding for freedom. But they stayed within the tight cage of Aera's skull. They swirled like a hurricane without a way out of an already destroyed city.

With her benumbed palms, quivering, she brought them up towards her flushed cheeks and buried her face into them briefly. Hwang Aera wasn't one to lose faith in herself so quickly, but she tried her best to appreciate the freeing atmosphere around her, believing that it would be the last time she'd ever experience something like that again.

The gentle waves teetered under her fingertips, as she stretched out her battered and scarred arms, ones that were littered with purply bruises that each told a different tale. It was fascinating how soft the current was, when there was a wild and inhuman battle within the facility.

"I never loved the sea this much before," blinking slowly, almost nodding off from the lulling sea, the young girl couldn't help but bring a soft and pure smile to balance upon her pink lips, she tried forcing it down, believing that it was inhuman of her to do so, when so many people passed away. But, her heart couldn't help it, not when it was being relieved by the tenderness of the water. "In-ho would love this, wouldn't he?" The corners of her lips moved higher up her rosy, yet numbed cheeks, they drew into a smile, but teetered when she was met by a silence and only the cackle of a seagull, "Jun-ho?"

━━━━━━

HWANG JUN-HO SCAVENGED for the ziplock bag that was tucked deeply within his pocket, he collapsed onto the shore briefly. His suit was soaked to the bone, making his arms look curvy as it outlines his muscles dramatically. Combing his fingers through his damped hair, he used his other steady hand to get his phone to turn on.