005. trapped in a fever dream

I LOVE YOU SO
Chapter Five
Trapped inside a fever dream.

 ❜

DRYING HER FACE off with the bottom of her sleeve, Aera took in the dark bags that was engraved under her eyes, the old tears that stained her cheeks in the grimy mirror before her

DRYING HER FACE off with the bottom of her sleeve, Aera took in the dark bags that was engraved under her eyes, the old tears that stained her cheeks in the grimy mirror before her. Letting out a shaky exhale, it left a temporary mark on the mirror, she watched as the condensation faded away slowly. She sighed again, "where are you In-ho?" She desperately whispered, it'd only been half a day, and already, she wanted to go home.

But, she wasn't going to ditch the plan now, not when In-ho could be stuck, helpless, in this cruel facility. Nothing would be the same again if her brothers found out she left.

Thus, Aera was determined to continue. For her family. "I'm staying, for In-ho and Jun-ho," inclining her head, with confidence, she gripped the sink tighter, a broad grin illustrated on her face. Staring at her reflection a little longer until she was calm again, her shoulders still trembled as she dried her hands on her trousers, making them impermanently damp.

Leaning against a cubicle, after pacing around the room a few times, 067 pulled a concentrated face and fiddled with the hair tie on her wrist. It took a lot to ignore the sniffles that came from the left of her, even though Aera was quiet about it, it felt like the volume heightened each time, as if her head was begging her to talk to Aera.

Craning her neck around to face the upset girl, she shut her eyes for a few seconds, before taking a tiny step forward and pushing some strands of hair away from her eyes. 067 stopped short. What do you say to someone when they're crying? Fuck. "Do you want to help me with something?"

As if this pulled Aera away from her tiresome thoughts, her pulse hastened as she turned her head around as her damp hair created some miniature puddles on the floor, "yeah," it came out croakily, her throat running dry, blinking a few times, she coughed awkwardly, trying to avoid 067's harsh stare, "um, yeah sure, what do you need help with?"

What puzzled 067 was the fact that Aera seemed unaffected when they were in their dorm room, hell she even laughed cheerfully. A laugh she didn't realise she missed, as much as she hated admitting it, it made her chest feel warm, like seeing a streak of sunshine through rainy clouds on a dull day.