003. no escape at all

I LOVE YOU SO
Chapter Three
No escape at all.

"SIR, PLAYER 036 has passed away, we checked their lungs and it seemed that they collapsed due to the smoke we used to put the players to sleep

"SIR, PLAYER 036 has passed away, we checked their lungs and it seemed that they collapsed due to the smoke we used to put the players to sleep. I found a young woman in the van, they sat awake, number 029 suggested that she should be allowed to join the games," the supervisor informed The Front Man.

Sighing briefly under his thick mask, The Front Man monotonously answered, "let me see this young woman."

When given the order, three masked men in pink suits stood behind The Front Man and two marched beside him. They brought him to the back, their feet stomped on the shiny floor, the heavy sounds resounded around the busy room.

The supervisor gestured towards the young woman. Someone with long tresses that was tied back with effort, semi-petite pink lips, dimples faintly that faintly indented the sides of her cheeks and a strong jaw. The tips of her nails were rough from biting them too much, a tell-tale sign of her stress. Oh, and her unclean shoes threatened to fall off her feet, all because she didn't tie them properly.

The young woman definitely looked like Hwang Aera.

Being cautious not to let his professional façade fall, The Front Man felt his muscles stiffen and his lips pressed together in a thin line. This couldn't be.

"Should we kill them, should we let them play or let them join us?" The supervisor's questions rang through The Front Man's already clouded mind, it prodded at his thoughts.

Those words made Aera's muscles twitch in alarm. She didn't want to die- who would choose to anyways?

The Front Man chose carefully. There were two options. Becoming a supervisor; a player. Both were brutal, mentally scarring and not fit for someone like Aera, or anyone at all. No one should ever participate in such inhumane doings. He thought about this truthfully, even though it was hypocritical.

Being a player seemed like a safe bet, there was an opportunity for her to leave the place, despite the vile conditions. If The Front Man let Aera be a supervisor, there was a higher chance of her finding out who he truly was. He couldn't bear to see the light drain from her eyes if she ever found out. Sure, Aera's life was safer as a supervisor, but she wouldn't have the chance to escape.