020. safety by their sides

I LOVE YOU SO
Chapter Twenty
Safety by their sides.

 ❜

SOMETHING WASN'T GOING according to plan

At all.

A strenuous ringing rattled through the speakers. Bringing a palm in front of her eyes, groggily, Aera's pulse hastened over the commotion that sprung to life. The mattress under her sank slightly as she got up, her limbs weren't screaming as much, due to having a proper nights sleep that evening.

"What's going on?" Aera found that her voice echoed into nothing as the alarm blared over her.

"I don't know," Sang-woo hectically peered around his shoulders, a puzzled expression drawn on his face, "the best idea is to not freak out."

"I wasn't really freaking out, but now that you said it . . . I'm freaking out," rubbing repetitively at her eyes, a weary sigh fell out of Aera's lips.

Placing her feet on to the floor, it felt cold against her socked toes, she'd discarded her shoes during the night since it made it uncomfortable for her to sleep. Plus, something inside of her thought she'd might feel a little bit at home if she slipped her shoes off. Thoughtlessly biting on the end of her sleeve, trying to find her shoes in concentration, scrunching her nose up with her pulse hastening, Aera found that her jacket smelled tinily like cherries and matcha- her mind drifted on to Sae-byeok.

"Just don't freak out," Sang-woo repeated once more.

"Hm very helpful," Aera mumbled a response.

Scanning the area, Aera's team mates dotted the blanket covered floor, several groans could be heard from the harsh alarm that battered down their ear drums. Barging through the metal, silver doors were a pack of supervisors. The people clad in pink dispersed into the perplexed room with their guns cocked, they started to examine each individual, releasing them whenever the players didn't meet the description the supervisors needed.