029. never let that fire die

I LOVE YOU SO
Chapter Twenty-nine
Never let that fire die.

 ❜

BEING CONFINED WITHIN a room full of strangers, seemed to be a daily occurrence for Hwang Aera

BEING CONFINED WITHIN a room full of strangers, seemed to be a daily occurrence for Hwang Aera. Especially arrogant and conceited men that thought they were above everyone else. Wandering around the strange, dark room with a plastic tray settled on top of her palms, the drinks on the tray, teetered as Aera examined her surroundings.

Within every corner of the intricately designed room, there were exotic plants, they appeared fresh and healthy, despite the lack of lighting. The ceiling was decked with glistening chandeliers, the diamonds that were attached to them, reflected some rainbows against the walls. But, what was an enchanting looking room doing within such an inhuman facility?

What disturbed Aera the most, was the fact that there were realistic mannequins dotted around the floor. Though, they appeared too realistic. Every bit of their skin was painted either magenta or any other bold colour, and with a complicated pattern. But that wasn't the main reason why it disturbed Aera, but how they were used as stools, leg or back rests.

It was obvious that the room was intended for people with sick minds— the masterminds behind the evil fated games.

Finding answers was Aera's top priority, but it was never deemed easy. With frantic eyes, they scanned the unfamiliar room as the hairs on her back arose. Taking in each and every corner in detail, from the magnificently painted walls to the ceiling, her lips were drawn into a thin line.

Aera wasn't there to feel awe-inspired by the interior design, she was there to bring some devils straight to hell.

A sizzle of motivation seeped into Aera's veins, frying her doubts entirely. Dragging her sore legs onwards, her shoes started to feel heavy, as if they weighed a couple bricks. She detested the environment she was in, the rogues surrounding her caused bile to arise within her throat. How could they sit back and commentate on not just the games, but the players specifically, like different pumpkins on a pumpkin patch. These players were people, with feelings, unique hearts and stories.