014. their lives ablaze

I LOVE YOU SO
Chapter Fourteen
Their Lives Ablaze.

 ❜

ANOTHER INHUMAN GAME commenced

The players looked like specks of dust on the towering platforms. Squinting, trying to make them out clearly, they almost looked like a skyline, and Aera and the other players below were like fishes in the sea, watching as the people on the land busied on.

Bang, the gunshot pierced her ears, making Aera jolt with a hand flung to her mouth that was agape, "we should've just continued to sleep Sae," mumbling against her palm, "I can't go through any more of this," she set her hand down so it pressed against the smoothly painted floor.

With her eyes flickering towards her side again, Sae-byeok also set her palm down, shifting backwards slightly, she moved her hand slightly so that her pinky finger overlapped on to Aera's own pinky finger. Appreciating this, a soft grin illustrated itself onto Aera's pinkish cheeks, a warm feeling sizzled within her hand from the touch.

The players above began to groan deafeningly, their grunts filling the room extensively as the lengthy rope was being dragged from east and west. A series of cries chorused with the grunts, as it grew even more laborious each time. With her free arm, Aera brought it up to cover half her face, so she could be ready to cover her eyes.

Biting down on to her bottom lip, hard, Aera's arm began to tremble as her breathing became unbearable. Tears glazed over her pure eyes, they stung as they began to trickle down her cheeks. She didn't want to be up there. It seemed like it was impossible to escape. Sure, Aera learnt that already from the previous games, but, they were going to be so far from the exit, whilst being a thousand feet up, it caused her nerves to break down.

The right hand side team began to lose their momentum. Flailing around with their hands locked in place, booming cries resounded throughout the room as the losing team was being flung off the side. Glancing shakily towards the left, Aera furrowed her eyebrows at the sight of Deok-su's team, they pulled and pulled whilst the opposing team flew off the edge.