008. the scars from the past

I LOVE YOU SO
Chapter Eight
The scars from the past.

 ❜

THE TWO WERE sat across from each other with unnerving stares

Sae-byeok's leg tapped on the floor at an uncontrollable rate, she blinked back her burning tears, trying to keep them at bay. But with her chest undergoing an alarming amount of hurt, it was impossible to do so. It felt like a hundred needles were tearing at her muscles when she dragged her gaze on to Aera. The blank expression Aera held, caused Sae-byeok to sink into a whirlpool of melancholy.

"Kang Sae-byeok, Kang Sae-byeok," Aera murmured under her breath as her eyebrows furrowed at the tall, dark haired girl across from her. "Kang Sae-byeok, Kang Sae-byeok," repeating her name over and over, Aera tried to tap into the memories she shared with her. "I know you, I do, I-"

"No, you don't," shaking her head furiously, a glint of fury could be seen in Sae-byeok's forlorn eyes.

"Yes I do," prickling at Aera's own eyes were her own steamy tears. Aera slammed her foot down in frustration, being aggravated about the fact that the she had no recollections of the girl, "if you'd just let me try-"

"We've been at it for almost an entire hour-" Glancing around with an intensified level of vexation, Sae-byeok bit on the side of her cheek, it almost bled.

"I know! Don't you think I know that?-"

"You know what?" Blinking harshly, Sae-byeok fumbled around her pocket for the sentimental necklace that was hidden within it. Giving it a glare as if it was infected with something nasty, she thrusted it across the floor, "just forget it."

Watching the silver locket, almost identical to her own, Aera winced at the slight scratchy noise it made when it skidded across the shiny floor. "What- What are you-" Trapping her bottom lip under her top teeth, harshly, she reached forwards.

"I said forget it."

Through glassy eyes, Aera's vision blurred as she collected the discarded necklace from the floor. With her fingers trembling, the chain felt warm to the touch, as if Sae-byeok had been fiddling with the pendant for an extensive amount of time. Reaching for her own necklace that was strung lightly around her neck, Aera unclasped her heart locket.