025. we're running out of time

I LOVE YOU SO
Chapter Twenty-five
We're running out of time.

tw: small mentions of suicidecw: blood, gore, guns

cw: blood, gore, guns

tw: small mentions of suicidecw: blood, gore, guns

TIME NEVER SEEMED so precious. People underestimate the value of time. Each growing second morphs into minutes, festers into hours and eventually months and years. You'd never know the true meaning of it, until it dissolves from your fingers, time trickling between the gaps of them uncontrollably.

Curling her back forwards and clutching her knees close to her stomach, a defeated expression dawned over Aera's pretty face, the corners of her lips were permanently drawn into a frown as her hair curtained over her cheeks. After moments of trying to get Mi-nyeo to talk, Aera was only left with a deafening silence, only faded mumbles from the other player's quiet chatters and constant clinking of the tiny marbles rang through Aera's ears.

"Hey," almost spluttering from keeping the lump down her throat, Mi-nyeo shoved Aera's shoulder with a half-light force, the anxious emotions festering within the pit of her stomach was disguised by a playful glimmer within her pupils. "What? Are you just going to sit there with an ugly frown? What happened to that big mouth of yours? You used to talk non-stop, and I never thought I'd say this but-"

Roughly tucking a strand of stringy hair behind her ear, a cold stare struck upon Aera's face, "how could you still make jokes out of this?" Weakly lifting a hand up, with a shaky breath, "didn't you hear," sniffling with her tears falling from her afflicted eyes and down towards her sharp chin, Aera shook her head tenderly, "one of us isn't going to make it out."

How wounded Aera was. She knew she would have to greet death during the next game, but she didn't know she would have to fall into death's arms like this. Even Mi-nyeo. Wiping warily at her nose, it was almost agonising to continue on breathing, each inhale caused her lungs to compress tightly, it squeezed so much she feared that it would collapse.