026. depths of deathly hell

I LOVE YOU SO
Chapter Twenty-six
Depths of deathly hell.

cw: blood

cw: blood

LIFE IS ALMOST like water

LIFE IS ALMOST like water. The consistency is so silky that it slips through your hands immediately after grasping on to it. When you're on the verge of death, it's in your human nature to desperately seize on to life, but often, it starts to slip away- like water.

"She's loosing a lot of blood," indistinct murmurs could be heard.

"Your instructions were strictly simple," a low, intimidating grumble fell impatiently out of a daunting person's lips, "your job was to keep her alive," their tone venomous, "all you had to do was to make sure she made it out ALIVE."

"There were people spectating, we had to make it seem believable-"

A sound of a gun cocking resounded heavily around the hair-raising room. Clanging of metal echoed greatly as the sound of turmoil increased, the sudden sight of the gun caused the guards to hurry with their actions, trying to help the young injured woman before them be on the mend.

The monotonous person slammed the tip of the gun into one side of a guards's temple, a poison laced his voice, "you could have done anything but hurt her-" Increasing all levels of terror, as if there wasn't enough on the guards shoulders already, the deadly person threatened the men clad in pink once more. Wrapping his fingers tightly and coldly around the handle of the gun with a cruel amount of force, he pressed it harder against the guard's temple, "you have five minutes to finish dressing the wound. Make sure she lives this time."

"We're sorry Sir. We're sorry Sir. We're sorry Sir-"

Water isn't pure, some bits of dirt gets submerged into it, causing it to be contaminated, making it undrinkable. Like life, the burdens of the past clings on to it, making the purity of it tainted. Hwang Aera's life was full of dirt, specks of them were arduous to clean away, and were most likely to be imprinted there forever.