010. looking out for you

I LOVE YOU SO
Chapter Ten
Looking out for you.

 ❜

SHRINKING AWAY AT the change of lighting, the lights glared down at the remaining players, a thick smell of copper stained the air

SHRINKING AWAY AT the change of lighting, the lights glared down at the remaining players, a thick smell of copper stained the air. The room around Aera began to swirl, all of the broken beds and figures of people started to morph together, creating a mixture of greens and pinks.

Shoving the bile down her throat with a forceful swallow, Aera's chest began to grow heavy, her leg being a tough burden to carry. About three or four supervisors charged up to the corner they were in, "turn around," they chorused.

Grunting, trying to lift her wounded leg up, a series of sweat smeared on the sides of Aera's temples. Spinning around in a poorly state, she weakly lifted her palms up, catching Sae-byeok's gaze on the way too. Panting, "okay I lied . . . Sae, I don't feel too good," with her eyes fluttering slightly, an uneasy laugh spilled out of her lips.

Flicking her head around, "what," unable to master a reply, Sae-byeok trembled, as she tried to focus her alarmed gaze on Aera's injured state.

Thud. Fading from consciousness, Aera's drowsy eyes glued shut, making her collapse on to the hard ground. A few dangerous bed frames sat uncomfortably under her back, though, she couldn't feel it of course, not when she was knocked out on the floor. But, of course, she had to deal with the the pain, from the impact, later.

"Aera," muttering in a hushed tone, Sae-byeok kept her palms up and flinched when she saw Aera flop down on to the floor, groggily. Her palms, that were streaked with old blood, ached to reach out and shake Aera awake.

Glancing towards her side, her distressed eyes met with Gi-hun's widened ones, his jaw hung open slightly, "it'll be okay," he mouthed, even though he didn't know if they were allowed to move at that point.

An armed supervisor, one with a square painted on his hefty mask, shuffled behind Gi-hun. "Player 456. Is there a man named Hwang In-ho here?" Speaking plainly, he kept his eyes forward, but noticing Gi-hun's hesitance, he strode forwards. From his peripherals, a fallen body caught his attention. Doing a double take, his eyebrows began to knit together apprehensively, hoping it wasn't who he thought it was.