012. tainted beauties

I LOVE YOU SO
Chapter Twelve
Tainted beauties.

 ❜

GRINDING HER TEETH together, a forlorn expression touched upon Aera's face, thrusting her fists to her side she tried to maintain a calm attitude

GRINDING HER TEETH together, a forlorn expression touched upon Aera's face, thrusting her fists to her side she tried to maintain a calm attitude. But it was so damn hard, especially when there were a couple hundred stairs before her, waiting for her to be crossed on, the pastel colours illuminated menacingly at her.

Almost mocking her.

Using the side of the walls as assistance, each step brought a vortex of pain within her leg, it was as if at each step, it tore at her nerves, causing tears to sting at Aera's weary eyes. Forcing her injured leg to move onwards, a couple grumbles could be heard from the other players, an irritated expression displayed on their faces.

"Could you hurry up?" Scoffing with their hands leveled above her shoulders, as if they were getting ready to push Aera over, an impatient player tried to spark up a row. "You're going to get us killed from how slow you are."

Turning around sharply, the sides of her temples trickled lightly with sweat, Aera crossed her arms tightly, a vein could almost be seen on her forehead. Deadpanned with her eyes glowering threateningly at the player, "no, I won't, I'll take my time, thank you very much," pushing her loose hair away from her eyes in frustration, a chuckle tried to fly out of her lips at the sight of the player's face going red.

"You bastard- hey, you listen here-"

Their roaring voice was cut off when a female, with wavy hair that scraped lightly against her defined jaw, collided her sturdy shoulders against the startled player. Scanning the player from head to toe with a scowl, Sae-byeok gave the player a wicked glare. They tried recomposing their posture, trying to seem unbothered by the glare, when in reality they cowered away.

"You better hurry up you brat," the player wagged their finger once more, before retreating and hiding behind the crowd that started to form within the middle of the corridor.