021. buying more days of sorrow

I LOVE YOU SO
Chapter Twenty-one
Buying more days of sorrow.

 ❜

GREEN, GREEN, GREEN

GREEN, GREEN, GREEN. A symbol of great wealth, when many think of this, they think of money, great big stashes of them. If one was to look at them for the first time, they'd think it's pointless. But the thin, papery piece of rectangular paper, is worth more than life itself. Money could practically be named as a disease, it eats at people's rational conscience, possessing them with a greed they cannot control.

The five corpses, that were strung up tightly by the wrists, dangled sickeningly from the ceiling. They were blinded by the glory of money- costing their lives. From where they were swinging from, it almost seemed like the were chained to a washing line, making the situation even more inhuman. Nothing in the facility was human anyways.

Every single second, spent in the vile facility, was barbarous.

If trauma had hands, it tore at their souls, leaving them with nothing but an endless void in their chests.

"Players," the head supervisor announced, adding to the racing thoughts within Aera's mind. "What you witness before you are the remains of those who broke the rules for their own benefit. They tainted the pure and fair ideology that everything here has been built upon. Each and every one of you is considered an equal. Within these walls of this facility, you must be guaranteed the same opportunities without being disadvantaged, or face any kind of discrimination."

Almost tripping over the step she was on, bile threatened to escape from her lips as the rim of her eyes moistened with tears. Her tears swam within her enlarged eyes, reflected on to them were the five innocent people. They were probably trying to escape the horrid facility- thus resulting in their lives being taken away abruptly.

With her head pounding, every inch of her muscles froze as her eyes glued on to the strung up corpses, surely tainting her mind forever. Wrinkling her nose and wiping the end of her sleeve against her nose, the foul stench from the rotting remains began to spread across the air, making Aera have a desperate need to inhale fresh oxygen.