019. finding heaven in hell

I LOVE YOU SO
Chapter Nineteen
Finding Heaven in Hell.

 ❜

ANKLE DEEP IN a field of the finest of flowers, each patch of fresh grass was adorned with wild, blossoming plants

ANKLE DEEP IN a field of the finest of flowers, each patch of fresh grass was adorned with wild, blossoming plants. Running along the small area were four people, all living harmoniously together. Nothing sabotaged the tranquil feeling they all shared; they all rejoiced as a family. Nestled within the bony trees around the garden, were small birds that chirped merrily as they watched over the small family.

Young Hwang Aera tried to get away from young Jun-ho's thundering feet, she was almost hidden behind the long, tall blades of grass, making it hard for him to get her. Within Aera's hand was a hat, a woolly beanie their Ma made for Jun-ho, in case the harshest of winters dared to exist.

"Give it back you idiot," screeching after his little sister, who was in colourful dungarees and had a small butterfly hair clip on, Jun-ho wriggled his hands, demanding to have his beloved beanie back.

"Be nice to your sister Jun-ho," nearly toppling over as her daughter cowered behind her legs, feeling Aera's tiny fingers grip on to her trousers, their Omma chuckled softly as she fixed her daughter's small pigtails.

"But- but she just stole my hat-" Stammering with a hand gripping on his hair, a frustrated groan tumbled from young Jun-ho's lips as he childishly stomped his feet over towards Aera.

"How can our seven year old sister run faster than you?" Nibbling at a Dalgona biscuit, an expression of mockery reached In-ho's face as he laughed at the two.

"Shut up you moron!" Jun-ho spat back.

"Boys-"

Squealing and stumbling over towards the other side, patches of bright pink stained Aera's little cheeks as a tan began to paint her skin. Her pigtails bounced as her feet drummed against the pavement, her feet no longer buried beneath a sea of grass. Grinning wildly, Aera was so blinded by victory that she didn't realise that Jun-ho was creeping up behind her.