III

Dear readers, I never really realized this chapter has more than 4000 words. If you're reading this, it means my story has entered Wattys India. Unfortunately, I realized its word count on the last day of submission.

Thus, I could not edit it. However, I have added sub-headings to let you know can have a break because I know, we all have the habit to continue reading a chapter till it's finished. haha, let's not increase the word count more now, have a great read and don't forget to vote, comment, and share~

It's a basic skill training camp, and the youngsters are standing with their robes open in a closed black space with several poles standing along the walls. They are looking here and there as they see flashes of white, orange, blue, even purple, and green teleporting from one pole to the other.

Finally, the sight of them vanishes as Jon stops at a pole with, the blue veins he projected before are still present on his face with a smile, cotton is covering both his ears so that he cannot listen to the slow claps. His hair is still chopped and he continues wearing his white robe.

A non-binary man in an olive robe with a white net over the waist of his undervest which has been used to substitute a waist robe is sitting on a white-colored stage at a distance from the students. They bring out a headband and brushes their oily black hair back, correcting the bangs falling on the head (despite the band) with a little attitude, they mutter in an orotund voice, "so Jon has finally been able to use his ken veins, he passes the first phase", it seems as if they are talking to someone through telecommunication, or maybe telepathy. Who knows!

Jon brings his hands into the air, not to show gratitude for the applause, but as he rotates his arms, the veins disappear. His speed is an ability his grandfather developed with the help of immaculate intelligence and strength, that is how he knows it. He comes back and stands beside Kamaya and Larriel.

Larriel is a friend of his who is nearly his height, roughly any weight, she wears a light fog grey colored robe which is divided with a charcoal shading covering the lower one-fourth portion of the robe.

Her pajamas are of the same grey color and white boots, she has a similar netted vest like Jon and Kamaya, imprinted on it is a picture of hers with a big smile. All of them seem to have entered their teenage.

"Don't be modest" she says with an attitude, being half jealous and half admirative. Jon stands with his resting face, "it's my wish how I wanna react, and I am not changing" he affirmingly answers back with a bigger ego.

Larriel and Jon are standing facing each other, a rocking chair pivoting front and back beside Jon. He has placed his hand in the air so that as the rocking chair comes forward, the hand prevents it's moving forward and it has to move back again.

He is standing there with his grave, semi-sadistic attitude, in a very slow tone, he says "I don't like short, skinny people with nose piercings" he bends forward slowly and says, "I am sorry".

Mind you, everything Jon does, it's comparatively slower in motion, a lag he was born with. It is probably related to his ability. Because of this, he comes out to be an impudent badass though he is not trying to be one.

However, at the moment, as he continues to speak, he sees Larriel seems to be fidgeting, her eyes barely able to squint and her face facing the ceiling. Jon abruptly leaves the spot and within a flash, lands behind her. By that time, she has opened her arms into the air.

She comes back to the normal position, "I knew you were going to do Ikshana, thank you for letting me check if I can defend myself now" he blabbers in frustration, though it doesn't seem to be rapid.