10). THE FIRST SWEEP

The chapter is named "the first sweep" as they are trying to cleanse their environment.

They stop outside an open eatery with no tilling at the ground, basic sand composure, it's operated the sole survivors of a clan called "Karpa". The shop has red triangular tags hung on the ropes with golden prints of miniature bodies emerging from the sand, Karpas a foul lazy group formed two years back who lived in a no-money world but promised to help by searching some of the unknown secrets of the world. They spread lore's mentioning homo sapiens complexion depending on the sand they were born at. That is why we are found in different shades of brown/yellow. 

Due given their foolhardiness, a topic that existed far before the world's first term was ignited again, fortunately, the discussion barely caught the attention of many generations. "That is the man!" Larriel says with some attitude. They all turn their heads to a fifty-year-old man sitting next to a group of exchange students at an open eatery. Over that, there are several eatery stores and all he got was to sit near a group of students pissing at him. "Why is he playing with clay?!" a junior student asks his college-going brother. Her mother starts to explain what is this man's purpose. Somehow, it turns out into an awkward explanation.

"Um, I don't know how to explain it to you all but for now, just know this much. only the colonies named Styles, Cringe, and Mirror have such boisterous impudent souls. But hey, do you know what the best part is!? All these cities reside near Harinskis!"

"I guess some people always remain kids, like you. So now just shut up and do the work" rings a line in Kamaya's ears. He looks around, "it was Jon" whispers Larriel. "Oh!" he remembers. They sit in front of the man, his name though, is Parley Nescafe. "For real, why do I let them do this to me," he says. Kamaya empathizes with him in isolation, "just observe" rings the voice in the ears of all four of them, of course, it was Jon. Everyone besides Kamaya bumps their fists on the table in frustration, Kamaya follows them weakly. 

The man with the white slicked-back hair and spooky yellow shades finally loses his temper and turns to the bullies, "Can I ask you a question, kid?" he asks in a typical 50-year-olds voice. "Kamaya," says one of them, Kamaya gets alarmed and waves his fist behind, hoping it bumps into Jon till he realizes that there is another Kamaya in the room. Kamaya Marble, a big-time bully, gets up. "What's the issue playboy?" he refers to the questioning man. "His name is Parley, right?" Larriel asks in whispers. "Yep!" Kamaya answers. 

"Can I say how huge a fan I am of yours!" the kid taunts. There is an awkward sense in here, Parley gravely smiles and gets up to stand chest to chest with Marble, in the mature tone he explains, "I don't want to fight with you. Or lecture you on manners. Don't respect my art, it's fine. For me, this mirror is the mirror to show younglings what's the difference between you and me." "So, you say that this clay is the wall that stands between me and you?" he questions sardonically. "I...", before he could have said something, a bald boy runs in and taps Parley. "What!?" asks Parley, but understanding the hurry, he accompanies the boy out of the shop. Kamaya and the others furtively follow.

Lovi and Jon are still at the top of the grey water tank. Jon has an extra accessory attached to him, it's Kamaya's hat. "Don't you think you drained some energy?" asks Lovi whilst wistfully fidgeting her hung (in the air) leg. "Yeah, I did, but I guess I had no better option. I hate people who are slow" he affirms imperturbably. "By the way, what is this Shridgaar all about?" he asks. "...Larriel?", she asks. 

"She must have told you the name, there are several theories to it but my father told me the right one. It is a complexion of our fear. You know what ikshana does and what this does. He said it is related to kargzaans. How people experienced utter fear when they existed. Though, to be honest, he said that in here; in the world, it is merely the government and might a few people more who know about them. The kargzaans were never able to cross the desert, kept at the bay. And there were robots to fight them. Just imagine if a human fought them, they were manipulative enough to psych that human. And if the human won, he would have gone berserk for life and probably spread an issue or something. Plus, the three of them are quite strong." Jon scratches his hair and makes grumpy faces as her slow dictations are a drag.