Let us give them some time

Jiang Yanli came to see if Wei Wuxian was perhaps awake again and wanted to have some of her soup. It was quite early in the morning now but her brother's sleep patterns were unpredictable to say at the least so she hoped she would be able to see him awake before she would have to go tend to her duties for the day.

It seemed that Jiang Cheng had had a similar idea as he was already standing in front of Wei Wuxian's room. However, something seemed to be wrong.

Her youngest brother was just standing there with his hand in the air, as if he was about to knock but never finished the motion. The two guards at the door were pointedly looking away from both their sect leader and the door and there was a strange shade to their cheeks. It was only when Jiang Yanli came closer that she could tell that Jiang Cheng was blushing furiously as well. She wondered what had happened.

Before she could ask, she heard noises from inside of the room. It took her only a second to realize why the two disciples guarding Wei Wuxian and her youngest brother were so bothered and apparently embarrassed. What was happening inside could not have been mistaken.

Just to make sure though, she asked the guards: "Is Lan Wangji there with my brother?"

The disciples did not look at her but they both nodded. Jiang Cheng blushed even more if that was possible and he looked down onto the ground, probably hoping to hide his embarrassment. It looked truly adorable. She knew that Jiang Cheng was really inexperienced in the matters of love but still, he should not be so impacted just after hearing someone kissing from the other side of the door. Even though those sounds were accompanied by heated calls of 'Lan Zhan!' and 'Wei Ying!' which was truth to be told a little embarrassing to listen to.

"I see, I am happy for A-Xian then," she smiled. Then she looked at the two Yunmeng Jiang sect disciples, one on each side of the door. They must have felt her gaze because they both looked back at her immediately. Jiang Yanli was still smiling but her voice was made of steel: "Keep watch over them and do not let anyone disturb them. If someone questions your orders, tell them they come directly from the Yunmeng Jiang sect leader."

"Understood," the disciples straightened their backs a little bit more and she could tell they understood perfectly well and were just as happy for her brother as she was. She knew they would not let anyone disturb Wei Wuxian's and Lan Wangji's heated moment. Her brother needed this more than her soup right now. She put the basket down for him to enjoy it later.

At her words, Jiang Cheng's head snapped up as well and he looked at her in utter bewilderment, his cheeks still bright red. Apparently he had been surprised by her claiming that the orders came from him. She smiled at him and took his hand which was still suspended in the air and tugged it down, massaging the back of it gently.

"A-Cheng, come, A-Xian now needs a little bit of privacy, we can come visit him later in the day. I am sure Lan Wangji's presence will do him much good."

She did not wait for her brother's reaction and she already started pulling him away gently. It was a great proof of his turmoil that he did not resist in the slightest. Jiang Yanli wondered what she should do now. She had to calm her brother down and then go help around the compound as she had planned. People around here were depending on her and she promised to help them with what they needed, especially to the elderlies. And then she would have to cook some more Lotus root pork rib soup for Wei Wuxian, her brother needed to eat more.

She wondered what would help Jiang Cheng to snap out of his haze the fastest. She had just the thing! There was some more soup back in the kitchens, still being heated on the stove. She stopped on their way and Jiang Cheng followed her lead. She felt like when they had both been children, it was so familiar and heart-warming. She was sure that even as the Yunmeng Jiang sect leader, her brother would not be able to resist her soup and would be able to calm down after eating some.

"A-Cheng, there is some soup for you in the kitchen. Would you like to go there now and have an early breakfast?"

Jiang Cheng watched her for a long time as if it was taking him forever to just understand her words. Jiang Yanli had to stifle a laugh. He looked so adorable when he was this lost in his thoughts and confused.

"Sister, what had happened..." he started but then he did not know how to continue so he closed his mouth again and looked down to the ground to gather his bearing.

"Do not worry A-Cheng, I will explain everything. For now, just do not worry too much about A-Xian, I am sure he is perfectly fine and happy at the moment."

Jiang Cheng looked at her with desperation now and he opened his mouth again. It was clear he wanted to snap something back at her but was unable to find his words. And so he only stood there with his mouth agape and his face full of adorable confusion. Jiang Yanli did not mind, she only tugged at his hand again and her brother let himself be manhandled to the kitchen.

Once they were there, Jiang Yanli busied herself with sitting her brother at a chair and preparing a bowl of soup for him. She put it on the table in front of him and sat across from him, observing him intently. Jiang Cheng made no move to start eating, his thoughts clearly still too disturbed to care even for his basic bodily needs.

Finally, Jiang Yanli took pity on him and explained what she had long known but what had apparently been news to her youngest brother: "A-Cheng, please do not be too shocked. I had already known for a long time that Lan Wangji and A-Xian had been in love. It was only that they themselves did not seem to understand that and had not confessed to each other. Until now it would seem. They look so good together! And I just know that it will make A-Xian happy like nothing else to have Lan Wangji by his side. Lan Wangji can also take care of him when he himself does not."

Jiang Cheng still looked baffled when he blurted out a single: "What?"

He took another few seconds and several deep breaths to calm himself and added: "I see..." A pause later and a small smirk appeared on her brother's lips. "I guess it would be good for that idiot if someone worried about and took care of him. Serves him right! Now he would get to know how hard it is for us to watch when he tries to sacrifice himself. Lan Wangji better take good care of him or I will break his legs."

Then, Jiang Cheng picked up his spoon at last and started eating the soup carefully. If Jiang Yanli did not know him any better, she would have said that the matter was deal with for him. She however had to smile for herself, she could tell that her youngest brother was still very shaken but happy for their other sibling at the same time. That was good. Just as he had said, Wei Wuxian needed someone to keep an eye on him and not let him do anything too foolish.