The Bad Guy

ZONNIQUE'S POV

I woke up to August's tight grip around my waist and his snores filling my ears. I smiled and turned over to face him. He looked so peaceful. I gently stroked his cheek, causing his eyes to groggily open.

"Sorry." I whispered. "I wasn't trying to wake you."

"You good." He mumbled.

His morning voice was so attractive.

"I never thought we'd be back to this..."

"Back to what?" He asked as he slowly rubbed my side.

"Morning cuddles, pillow talk, you know, those small intimate things that make people feel all warm and fuzzy." I explained.

"What'd you think would happen then?" He questioned.

"I don't know... I always thought I'd be that ex that you would just come through and have sex with then leave." I shrugged.

"Why would you think that?" He frowned.

"It was just the way I felt." I mumbled.

"I'm hea' now ain't I?" He asked me.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I frowned.

"We had sex last night and what did you wake up to?" He grinned. "Me. Right here. Holding you tight as hell and snoring loud as hell in ya' ear."

"Yeah, I guess you're right." I nodded.

"I just want to know why you would even think that." He mumbled.

"I don't know. I guess I'm just used to people leaving me." I shrugged.

"Well, I'm not leaving you." He tightened his grip on my waist in a comforting way. "Even if we don't end up together, I'll never leave you on that type of level where we can't just go to one another for help, advice, a shoulder to cry on, or just somebody to talk to."

I smiled. "I love you."

"And you know that I love you too." He lightly kissed my forehead.

I snuggled up to him and gently kissed his chest in return.

~

After August and I got out of the shower, we decided to get dressed in my room. I had just finished putting on my bra and underwear and was about to start putting lotion on when he came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me. I looked over my shoulder at him and he lightly pecked my lips.

"Are we gone tell them about us?" He asked me softly.

"No." I quickly shook my head. "Let's just... Wait a bit baby."

He nodded in agreement. "I'm glad that you said that." He stated. "I was thinking we should take things a little slower this time. You know, focus more on us and our family."

"It's like you read my mind." I chuckled.

He smiled and lightly kissed the tip of my nose before letting me go.

We finished getting dressed then went downstairs the dinning room, where everybody was eating breakfast. When they saw us walk in together, their eyebrows shot up. I took a seat beside Chanel and August sat across from me.

As we ate, we all talked to each other. Chanel kind of turned towards me and smirked.

"How was it?" She asked, keeping her low enough to where only I could hear.