Feel Better

AUGUST'S POV

I sat at a small booth in the back of a restaurant with Ava-Jai in my lap. She played with my car keys, banging them on the table to hear the sound they made. I watched Ms. Pullins walk into the restaurant that we had agreed to meet at. She made her way over to me and took a seat across from me. I looked her up and down and she stared at me innocently.

I ended up answering her call and she said that all she wanted was to see Nique and Ava. I knew I wouldn't be able to get Nique to come. But I brought Ava-Jai. Without Nique knowing.

I know that I said I can't stand this woman, but my curiousity was getting the best of me. I was just wondering what she wanted from us.

"Get to talking because I don't have long." I sighed. "And before you ask, no you can't hold her. I don't trust you and I'm not even supposed to have my baby anywhere near you."

"There's not much to say... I just want my daughter and my granddaughter in my life." She said to me. "And she's gorgeous."

"Well, to be honest, Zonnique wants nothing to do with you." I said to her. "And she isn't going to let you see our daughter, either. She's going to kill me when she finds out that I did this."

"August, you have to talk to her and get her to let me back into her life." She pleaded.

I chuckled. "Hell no."

"And why not?" She frowned.

"Because it's not my place." I stated. "And Nique does what she wants when it comes to that type of stuff. I tried to get her to talk to you last night and she dismissed the hell out of me."

"I don't understand why she's upset. She knows I get upset when things don't go as I planned. If she had just lived her life the way I had planned--"

"You wouldn't have your grandchild, and I wouldn't have my daughter." I cut her off. "And that's the very reason she's mad at you. You're trying to control her life. Let her live her own life and make her own decisions."

"But she's making bad decisions!" She huffed. "She isn't even in college like she--"

"I'll have you know, Zonnique is taking online college courses and passing every class with an A." I stated, getting a little defensive over my girlfriend.

See. I should've kept ignoring her ass. This female (I can't say bitch 'cause my momma told me not to and my conscience will be all types of fucked up if I go against her word) is fucking crazy if she thinks I'ma sit here and listen to her talk shit about my girlfriend.

"Does she even plan on marrying you while she's going around popping out your kids?" She cocked her head to the side, waiting on an answer.

My pimp hand was tingling.

Do not slap this broad August.

Do not catch a case over some ancient ass foreign broad August.

"You know what, since you like to analyze and criticized people's lives so much, I'ma do the same to you." I leaned forward. "Zonnique's real dad lives somewhere here in Atlanta. She's mixed. You're white, her father is black. You don't like me because I'm not French, probably because I'm black too. But hey." I chuckled. "My point is, you were once in the U.S. popping your pussy for a black man who you weren't married to. And you popped out his baby." I stated. "So, how can you judge Zonnique when you did the same thing." I asked her. "But then again, at least Zonnique is with the father of her child. You ran away from your problems. And your child has never met her father."