Troubled Waters

ZONNIQUE'S POV

I sat on the kitchen counter with August standing between my legs. I blushed and twirled a strand of my hair around my index finger as he whispered dirty things in my ear. He stood there, hands at my waist, lips at my ear, and slowly melted me like ice on a hot summer day. I love how he still has that effect on me. Small "flirt sessions", such as this one, still made my heart skip beats and butterflies fly in my stomach. Every time I felt like I was in the 9th grade talking to my crush. But here I am, about to be 19 next month, talking to my 20 year old boyfriend.

It's always been like this with him though.

Everything always felt like the first time with him.

The kisses, hugs, cuddling, sex, and so much more. Even arguments with him still hurt like our first argument.

Thinking back to our age, made me remember August's 20th birthday. I was 7 months pregnant. We had planned to go out to eat and everything. But we ended up spending the whole day in the bed cuddling and kissing. Lmfao.

That's so us.

I giggled and he kissed his way down to my lips before lightly pecking them and then slightly pulling away to talk.

"What's funny?" He asked.

"I was just thinking about something." I replied. "Remember your 20th birthday?"

A smile spread across his face. "Yeah. That was the best birthday ever, I swear. No party. No alcohol. No weed. No hoes. No presents. Just you and me, a bunch of movies, popcorn, cuddling, and kissing."

"Really?" I smiled. "I always thought you were still a little bummed about not going out or something?"

"Nah." He shook his head. "I got to spend the whole day with you and we didn't argue not even once. It was perfect baby."

I smiled. "You're so sweet."

"Sweet enough for some kisses?" He grinned.

I giggled and playfully rolled my eyes. "Yes August."

I gently pecked his lips, but before I could pull away, August had his hand behind my head. I moaned, feeling his tongue brush against mine. The room filled with quiet smacking noises as our kiss got more intense. I wrapped my legs around him, pulling him closer as I draped my arms over his shoulders. When we finally broke the kiss, his lips moved to my neck. I bit down on my bottom lip and closed my eyes. He kissed back up to my ear and gently nibbled on my earlobe.

"I know who's getting wet right nowww..." He chuckled into my ear.

I giggled and blushed. "Definitely me."

"Let's have sex." He grinned.

"August, no." I chuckled. "Our daughter is upstairs napping."

"That's why we can stay downstairs." He lightly tugged on my shorts. "I could just lay you right here across the counter."

I slightly closed my eyes, feeling his hand slide between my thighs. "Or we can just play hide and go get it later tonight when you come home from the studio."

"Naked?" He smirked.

"That's the only way I'll play." I smirked back.

He licked his lips. "I fucking love you."

"I love you moreeee." I cooed before lightly holding his face between my hands and pressing my lips against his.

As we slowly kissed, it got deeper by the second. We eventually ended up undressing each other. But just as August was reaching to take off his basketball shorts, Ava's loud high pitch cries echoed throughout the house.