Nosey

ZONNIQUE'S POV

I walked into Ava's nursery and quietly went into the bathroom to get her bath ready. I filled her little pink baby tub with warm water before getting out some Johnson's baby wash, a towel, and lotion. Then I went back into the bedroom part of the nursery. I went to her crib. She was sleeping just like her goofy ass daddy. On her back, mouth open, and her arms were stretched out beside her. I chuckled and gently picked her. She's a deep sleeper, like me. So, she doesn't generally wake easy. Another thing she gets from me is that she doesn't like to be waken up. She gets grouchy when she's waken up too early. That's why every morning I'm the one to come get her ready for the day. I'm more patient and calm than August, so she only likes for me to wake her in the morning.

I let her lay her head on my chest and she nuzzled her head into my neck. I took her into the bathroom and began to take off her pajamas. I slowly lowered her into her tub and supported her head with one of my hands. I gently bathed her and thankfully she stayed asleep.

Once I dried her off, I covered her little body in lotion. I put her diaper on then I got her dressed in a pink onesie that said "Daddy's little princess." in yellow writing. I slipped her on some yellow socks and clipped a yellow bow in her hair.

After aaallll that, I carried her downstairs. August was in the kitchen making breakfast. I sat down at the bar and cradled Ava in my arms. It was time to finally wake her up.

I lightly shook her tiny hand and called her name a few times. Eventually, her eyes fluttered open and she began to whine while reaching for me. I slipped her pacifier into her mouth and she frowned a little before looking around.

"It's about time you woke up sleepy head." August said to her.

She let out a sigh before turning to face me. She grabbed my necklace and played with it for a while.

"I made you two breakfast." August said while sliding a full plate and a bottle of milk in front of me. "Eat up."

"Where's your plate?" I asked him while popping Ava's bottle into her mouth.

"I'm about to head to the studio." He stated. "I'll pick up a sausage and biscuit or something."

I sighed. "Okay... Love you."

"Don't worry I'll be back soon." He kissed my cheek. "Love you too." He kissed Ava's forehead. "Bye baby girl, papa loves you."

She reached up and softly rubbed his cheek. He lightly kissed her hand before leaving.

I looked down at Ava-Jai and she batted her long eyelashes at me while drinking her bottle.

"It's just me and you today darling." I said softly to her.

~

I'm in Ava's toy room playing with her during her tummy time. She laughed at me as I played peek-a-boo with her. It was so adorable watching her look surprised and her little laugh melted my heart each time I heard it. And to see that gummy smile spread across her cute little face made my eyes light up.

My daughter truly is the apple of my eye.

"Peek-a-boo!" I uncovered my face. "Je te vois!" I giggled, telling her that I saw her.

She squealed and laughed. A little drop of slobber went down her chin and I wiped it away. She grabbed one of her rattles and shoved it into her mouth before pulling it out and shaking it. I grabbed my phone and snapped a quick picture. Then I sent it to Constance, Adelaide, Bre, Ms. Sheila, and August with a text following it that said "Tummy time❤"