The Breakdown

AUGUST'S POV

I nervously opened the door to the doctors examination room, hoping that I wasn't too late. Unfortunately, the doctor and Nique were gathering their things to leave the room.

"Sir, you can't just barge in here like that." The doctor scolded me.

"I'm the father." I said quickly. "I'm just late because I just flew in."

"Oh, well, would you like us to fill you in?" The doctor asked.

Before I could answer, Nique walked around us and left the room. I ignored the doctors question and rushed after her. She heard my footsteps behind her and started walking out of the building faster. We exited the building and she abruptly turned around to face me.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" She snapped.

"Trying to talk to you. I--"

"Why?!" She cut me off. "You didn't want to talk to me a week ago when I was on your doorstep begging you to care!" She said angrily. "Go back to wherever you came from."

"I flew in from Louisiana." I stated with my head low. "And I know how I was acting was wrong, but I'm here now and I do care."

"August, I don't want you talking to me. I don't want you looking at me. Hell, I don't even want you near me." She said harshly.

"I know you're mad at me, but I want to be there for you during this pregnancy--" I tried to say while reaching for her hand.

"NO." She snatched her hand away. "I can do this alone. I want you to leave me alone! I'm sick of going back and forth with you. I'm sick of getting hurt! I'm tired of putting myself out on a limb for you an--"

She stopped yelling and placed her hand on her stomach before covering her mouth and rushing over the bushes and gagging. I followed her and held her hair back for her, waiting for her to throw up. Oddly, she didn't throw up. She just kept gagging and gasping for air. I frowned and made her sit down.

"Calm down and take deep breaths." I said lowly while rubbing her back.

She did as I said and eventually she stopped gagging.

"I haven't eaten all morning! There's nothing to throw up!" She cried before coughing and gagging again.

"You need to calm down." I said lowly while rubbing her back. "Crying like you are will only make it worse."

"Don't touch me!" She weakly pulled away from me and gripped her stomach while gagging again.

"Look, I'm trying to help your ass. So, drop the attitude and let me help!" I snapped.

"I don't want your help." She weakly pushed my hand away before leaning back against the wall. "I can take care of myself..."

"Obviously, you can't." I rolled my eyes.

"Why did you even come here?!" She snapped. "I'm going through enough as it is! The last thing I need to be doing is arguing with you!"