Till the Morning

ZONNIQUE'S POV

I smiled and watched from the side as August sang into the mic. He told me that he wanted me to come watch him at his performance tonight. Of course, I agreed and I got Bahja to watch Ava for us.

He's on his last song and the crowd was loudly singing along. I'm so proud of him. It feels like just yesterday when we were in his room on the night of his birthday and he told me about how he liked to sing and hoped to one day be a singer. Now he is and that made me so happy for him.

"Before I go, I'd like to give a shoutout to a very special woman in my life." He stated before turning to look at me. "Zo, come here real quick."

My eyes widened from shock and I nervously walked onto the stage discreetly giving him that "what the hell" look.

"I'm sure everyone already knows who this is, but let me tell you who this is to me..." He started. "This is Zonnique, or as I like to call her Zo or Nique. She's the reason I'm hea' standing on this stage. 'Cause when no one else believed in me, she did. She pushed me to go harder and she's sacrificed so much for me. For two years almost three, we still have a couple months to go before our anniversary, she's been my best friend. If I couldn't trust anybody in this world, I knew I could trust her. Not only has she given me endless love and support, but she's also given me our beautiful daughta'. Without Nique, there's no telling where I'd be. And it wouldn't be no Kissing On My Tattoos eitha' 'cause that's about her and so are almost half the songs on my album that's coming soon. She's put up wit' all my lies. All my unfaithfulness. Basically all my bullshit. And she's still able to see the good in a nigga like me. And for that, I'm thankful. I'm also thankful to be standing here on this stage. I'm thankful for my fans. And I'm thankful for my daughta'. But most of all, I'm thankful to be able to call this woman right hea', my girl." He turned to face me. "If I can't say nothing else about her, I can say that she's been down wit' me from the very beginning. And for that, I can't say thank you enough." He pulled me into a hug. "I love you so much baby. Even though sometimes I act an ass and take you for granted..." He chuckled. "I just want you to know that I appreciate you." He turned back to face the crowd with his arm still around me. "And y'all mark my words. I'ma make this woman right hea' my wife one day."

I was blushing really hard and I couldn't stop smiling. He looked down at me and held my chin up before planting a soft kiss on my lips. I felt him lift me off my feet, so I wrapped my legs around his waist.

"This is all mine. I'm saying it now and I'ma keep saying it. So, all those basic ass blogs can quit speculating and lying." He said into the mic. "Thank you for coming out tonight."

After thanking them, he carried me offstage. I held his face between my hands and happily kissed all over his face. He laughed before giving me a big juicy kiss.

"You'an think I was gone do it, huh?" He smirked. "I proved you wrong."

"You sure did." I smiled. "Thank you for doing that August..."

"No problem baby." He sat me down. "Now let's go have dinner." He rubbed his hands together.

I was a little taken back by him saying we were going to dinner, but only because I thought we were going home. You know,... To have sex. But I guess he's hungry. So, even though I'm really horny and would rather just go straight home, I'll just go to this dinner.

I followed him out of the backdoor of the venue and we got into the all black Tahoe. One of the bodyguards was driving and the other was up front with him, while August and I sat together in the back.