Drift

2 MONTHS LATER

AUGUST'S POV

I pulled up to Zonnique's house and got out of my Range Rover. Today is my day with Ava-Jai. We don't really have set days. I mean, she knows that I'm going to make time for my little girl and that I'm going to provide for her. So, I just hit her up a couple days in advance then go scoop up Ava. This co-parenting shit is actually pretty easy, but that's probably only 'cause Nique ain't one of those. You know, them baby momma's that's always acting a fool. She's chill with it. I mean, we have a few disagreements here and there, but other than that we're on great terms.

I rang the doorbell and while I waited for the door to open, I studied the pumpkins that Nique had on display by the door. Since Halloween was coming up, she had carved a few faces into the pumpkins. One large one was covered in Ava's little purple handprints. I chuckled just as the door opened.

I looked up to see Zo standing there. She looked amazing. She had let her auburn colored hair grow midway to her back and it was curled into lose wavy curls. Her skin tight light washed jeans were fitting just right. She had a nude colored cardigan over a brown tank top and her nude heels made her legs look even better. Not to mention that her make up was on point. But that's always. She knows she's beautiful without make up, so she never wears more than eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick. That is, unless she's doing a photoshoot.

She recently started back full time modeling. May I just say, she's killing it. She models in the U.S. more now that we have Ava. Every once in a while, I'll get to keep Ava for a week while Zo does a few fashion shows in France.

"Augusttt..." Zonnique said while waving her hand in my face.

"Huh?" I snapped out of my thoughts. "Oh, my bad Z. I was thinking..."

"I know." She nodded while stepping to the side to let me in. "You think every time you come to pick up Ava-Jai."

"Well... Don't give me so much to think about if it's a problem." I grinned while looking her up and down.

"Boy don't you start." She chuckled.

"I'm just being honest wit' ya'." I shrugged. "But really though, you look good."

"Thank you." She smiled. "You don't look too bad yourself." She stepped around me, analyzing my attire. "Gucci belt, those Kanye shoes, and I see you got a new chain."

"They're called Red October's." I chuckled.

"Same difference." She playfully rolled her eyes. "Trying to impress me though, huh?"

"I dress to impress everyday, don't flatter yourself." I waved her off. "Anyways, where is baby girl?"

"In her room watching TV." She stated. "Come with me." She motioned to the stairs.

We walked up to second floor and I followed her to Ava-Jai's room. We walked into the room and saw Ava-Jai watching Blues Clues.

"Ava, chéri, look who's here." Nique smiled.

Ava glanced over her shoulder and a smile spread across her face.

"Papa!" She squealed.

I chuckled and bent down with my arms out. She turned over onto all fours before standing up and walking to me as fast as she could. When she made it to me, I scooped her up and held her close to me.

"Hey baby girl." I kissed her cheek. "Did you miss me?"

"Oui." She said softly while nodding.