Honesty and Forgiveness

ZONNIQUE'S POV

I stayed in Mobile for about 4 days. I decided it was time to face my problems instead of ignoring them. So, after attending Myron's graduation, I thanked Bre and we left. When I got home, I took Ava out of her car seat and carried her inside. It was pretty late at night, so I figured August was at the studio or out with his friends, as always. I carried Ava-Jai up to her room and gave her a nice warm bath before putting her in some pajamas. I laid her down in her crib and gently ran my fingers through her curly hair until she fell asleep. After making sure that I turned on her nightlight, I quietly left the room. I walked into the masterbedroom and was surprised to see August sitting in bed watching TV.

"Welcome home." He stated with his eyes still on the TV. "How was your trip?"

"It was alright." I sighed. "I need to speak with you after I shower."

"I'll be here." He shrugged.

I nodded and went to our walk in closet. I grabbed a pair of boy shorts panties and a sports bra before making my way to the bathroom. As I was undressing, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and I sighed. You could tell that I had been crying my eyes out. I shook my head and ran myself a hot bubble bath. I decided to relax in the tub for a while.

About 15 minutes later, I heard a light knock on the door.

"What August?" I asked.

"About how much longer you gone be in there? I gotta use the bathroom." He said through the door.

"Do you know how many other bathrooms are in this house?" I rolled my eyes.

"Dammit Zonnique why you always got an attitude?" He huffed.

"Because you make me so fucking mad! That's why!" I snapped.

"You better stop all that yelling and shit before you wake up AJ." He said sternly.

"Whatever... The door is unlocked so hurry up and piss so you can piss off." I quipped before sinking down deeper into the tub.

The door opened and he walked in. He walked over to the bathroom and I scrolled through my Instagram while he used the bathroom. I could feel him occasionally glancing back at me and I just ignored it.