Paranoid

ZONNIQUE'S POV

I leaned over the toilet in the guest bathroom, gagging and such. I'd been in here for at least an hour, dry heaving and all. I woke up around 2am, feeling queasy. So, I got up and came in here so I wouldn't wake up August. I still haven't thrown up, but the nausea isn't going away. I know it's just because of all the stress I've been under lately. I try my best not to let stuff get to me like that because I know this is the end result. But it's so hard when I'm so sensitive and my hormones are all over the place. It's like every little thing gets under my skin and I just fly off the hinges.

I felt that familiar feeling of pressure in my throat and I leaned over the toilet, heaving and coughing, but yet again, nothing was coming out.

I huffed and leaned back against the wall, getting frustrated with myself and this entire situation. I covered my eyes with my hands and let out a long groan.

I'm literally exhausted! I was running around the house all day, cleaning up behind Ava-Jai. Terrible two's are no joke! So, that mixed with all the other house work that I normally do, was too much! Plus, it doesn't help that I'm already fatigued from pregnancy... And now this. I feel like I'm running on two hours of sleep, which I basically am!

When my head started feeling all swim-y, I decided that I should just go back to bed. I wouldn't be throwing up any time soon, and I just need a little more sleep before I have to get up and get Ava ready for the day.

I used the side of the tub to help push myself up off the floor, and then slowly began making my way back upstairs. I crept back into the bedroom and slid back into the bed with August, cuddling up to him. He wrapped his arm around me and gently rubbed my bump as he began to drift back off to sleep...

~

AUGUST'S POV

Since Nique is still sleeping, I decided I'd get Ava up and get her ready for the day. I'd just finished bathing her and drying her off. I helped her into her pull up and she patiently watched as I got her outfit ready. I dressed her in,

Then I sat her down so I could do her hair

Then I sat her down so I could do her hair. I grabbed her little pink brush and as I began to gently brush her hair, she started talking.

"Papa..." She called out. "I hungry."

"I know, baby." I replied. "I'm going to fix you something to eat after I finish your hair."

"Kay." She nodded. "Where mama?"

"She's still asleep."

I checked my watch real quick and shook my head, seeing that it was almost 12pm. Nique has been sleep all morning, and I'm pretty sure she'd sleep the rest of the day if I let her... The thought of her sleeping so much bothered me because it made me feel like she was back to taking those pills. Because when she was taking them, she was sleeping all damn day. When she stopped, she was waking up early, getting Ava dressed, and making breakfast. But now she's back to sleeping all fucking day.