Bad Dream

A FEW WEEKS LATER

ZONNIQUE'S POV

I woke up to the sound of loud cheering and some type of loud horn being blown. I rubbed my eyes and sat up to see August standing over me with Ava-Jai in his arms. August was cheering which made Ava squeal in excitement and she had a little pink and purple pom pom in her and she was swinging it back and forth.

Both of them had party hats on and neither of them had on clothes. Ava was wearing a fresh diaper and August was still in the basketball shorts that he had slept in.

It was so adorable.

"August what are the two of you doing?" I asked as I ran my fingers through my hair.

"We're having a parade for your birthday." He grinned before blowing a party blowout noisemaker thing in my face.

The blowout piece at the end of it pecked me in the forehead, making Ava-Jai laugh. I chucked and sat up before reaching for my phone to take a picture.

"You both look so cuteeee." I smiled as I took the picture.

Ava dropped her pom pom and started reaching for me while opening and closing her little hands.

"Hi maman's sweet girl." I said to her as I took her from August. "You look so precious in your little hat."

She flashed me a gummy smile before she started sucking on her bottom lip and playing around with her pom pom.

I looked up at August and smiled at him.

"Thanks August." I said sincerely. "I guess I've been so busy with Ava-Jai that I forgot about my own birthday."

"I kinda figured that you forgot." He chuckled. "But I didn't forget. So be prepared for a lot of surprises."

I blushed. "What type of surprises?"

"Get up and get dressed so you can find out."

"I have to have my good mooring kiss first." I smiled at him.

He lightly pecked my lips before I handed Ava to him and got up to get ready for the day.

I went into our large bathroom and brushed my teeth. Then I got my shower ready before getting inside.

I scrubbed my body with Japanese Cherry Blossom scented body wash from Bath and Body Works. After about 20 minutes, I got out and dried off my body. I covered my skin with the lotion that matched my body wash and then sprayed myself with the same fragrance.

When I came out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around myself, August was sprawled out on our California King Bed watching Ava-Jai play with the sheets.

I watched Ava tug at the sheets and shriek when they wouldn't move because August was laying on them. She kicked her little feet in frustration then tried to pull again. This time when they wouldn't budge she whined before poking her bottom lip and reaching for August. He picked her up and sat her back down beside his head and she almost instantly started grabbing at his lips and pulling on them.

I chuckled at the two of them before going into the closet to get dressed.

I got dressed and then went back into the main part of the room.

"Okay, I'm ready for my surprise." I giggled.

"Aight. Follow me."

He picked up Ava and then walked out of the room. I followed him downstairs to our kitchen. When we stepped inside, I saw a cake sitting on the kitchen island and a light blush tinted my cheeks.