A Woman's Intuition

ZONNIQUE'S POV

I watched Ava eat her breakfast and smiled. Since my hands weren't as sore when I woke up, I decided to get Ava up and make her breakfast. I admired her while she ate. It still amazes me sometimes on how I brought such a perfect little girl into this world.

"Look, mama." Ava said to me while pointing to the orange slices she'd stacked on her plate.

I smiled. "I see it, baby." I pulled up a seat in front of her.

"Papa?" She asked while shoving an orange slice into her mouth.

"He's still sleeping." I informed her while brushing her bed-head curls from her face. "He had a long night."

"Oh." She mumbled.

She held out one of her turkey sausage link to me, trying to share with me. I took a small bite, to satisfy her.

"Mmm." I smiled at her. "That's good. Merci, princesse."

"Welcome, mama."

She finished up the remaining milk in her sippy cup and smiled.

A few minutes later, we heard footsteps behind us. I looked back to see August walking into the dinning room in his sweatpants with no shirt on.

"Morning." I said to him with a warm smile.

He leaned over my shoulder and softly pecked my lips. "Mornin', baby." He mumbled into my ear.

His lips lingered over my ear, causing me to bite down on my bottom lip.

"Hi, papa!" Ava called out while holding her arms up for him to pick her up.

"Good mornin', baby girl." He said as he picked her up. "Did you cook papa breakfast? You know how much I looooove to eat breakfast with you."

She gasped and shook her head. "Uh-ohh."

"You forgot about me?" He pouted.

"I sowwy, papa." She pouted back.

"It's okay, baby girl." He lightly pinched her cheeks. "I'm sure I'll find something around here to eat." He said while looking down at me.

I raised my eyebrows at him and he winked at me...

"More milk?" Ava asked him while pointing to her sippy cup.

Why is he acting all flirtatious? It's like 10am. I studied his demeanor as he poured more milk into Ava's cup. I quickly found the exact reason he was acting the way he was. There was a bulge in his sweatpants that he'd attempted to tuck away some. He must've woke up with morning wood. I'm so dead. I snickered and stood up, walking over to them.

"Ava, when you're finished with your milk, do you want to go watch cartoons in the playroom?" I asked her.

Her eyes lit up. "I go now!"