Break Her Heart

ZONNIQUE'S POV

I got Ava-Jai out of her car seat. She sucked on her pacifier and slowly rubbed my arm. I held her in one arm and grabbed the tray of homemade cupcakes that I made for everyone August's studio. I may not be that good at cooking regular food, but I make great desserts. I decided to stop by and bring treats because I had some free time on my hands while Ava-Jai was napping. I walked inside and froze. There were half naked women walking around  conversing with each other and some of August's friends. I raised my eyebrows when I saw August in the booth smoking a blunt. Something he promised that he would quit doing once we had Ava-Jai. I slammed the door closed and everybody looked my way. Ava-Jai hid her face in my neck, something that she recently started doing when she could tell that I was angry.

"Ay, what the fuck was that noise?" August asked with an attitude while stepping out of the booth.

When he saw me, his eyes widened in shock. He quickly put out his blunt and nervously smiled.

"Uh, hey baby." He scratched his neck. "What are you doing here... with Ava?"

"I made strawberry lemonade cupcakes for everyone." I said slowly, trying my best to stay calm. "The icing is vanilla pudding with lemon extract and the cake part is made out of strawberry cake mix. They're really good. Enjoy."

I turned around and I walked out. I was so pissed off that my cheeks were hot. I heard the door open behind me and footsteps running behind me. I knew it was August. He caught me and turned me around.