Willing to Wait

ZONNIQUE'S POV

I came out of the bathroom, seeing August sitting on the edge of the bed, waiting for me. I let out a long sigh before walking over to him.

"Ay, don't be like that." He frowned and wrapped his arms around my waist. "I know you ain't happy about me going to this appointment, but you told me I could go."

"I knooooow." I mumbled.

"Then stop moping." He said to me. "Look, I bought you breakfast, it's downstairs waiting on you."

A small smile crept on my lips. "Really?"

He chuckled. "Yeah."

"At least something good is coming out of you going to this appointment." I crossed my arms.

He lightly kissed my small, but growing baby bump. "I like how you got my baby showing. You should do it more often... It's sexy."

"You're just saying that." I slightly rolled my eyes.

He slowly rubbed my stomach. "No I'm not. It really is sexy."

"You're probably the only person who thinks so." I chuckled and placed my hands on my bump. "But your opinion is the only one that matters, anyway."

"You're beautiful, inside and out." He assured me.

I smiled. "So, after this appointment, I was thinking we could meet up and have lunch together... How does that sound to you?"

He frowned. "Aw, baby, that sounds great--"

"Then why are you frowning?" I questioned.

"Because I have to take a rain check." He sighed. "After the appointment, I have a radio interview. It was scheduled last minute."

I pouted. "Okay, I guess."

"I know its disappointing, but I'll make it up. I promise." He said to me.

"I understand." I nodded. "I just want you to myself sometimes, you know? But then again, we spend a lot of time together compared to most couples in our situation. So, I guess it's just my hormones acting up."

"No, no," He gripped my hands. "Don't dismiss your feelings like that. If you feel like we need to spend more time together, then we will. I have no problem with that. Just let me talk to my manager and I'll see what I can do, okay?"

"Okay." I agreed with a smile. "I have no idea what I'm going to do all day while you're gone, though..."

"Constance and Adelaide are still here." He informed me. "Spend the day with them. You could use some girl time."

I let out an excited gasp. "You're right! Plus they haven't seen Ava in forever. This is perfect!"

He chuckled and stood up. "So, I guess that means I'll see you this afternoon or later on tonight?"

"Yeah, okay." I nodded.

"Now go downstairs and eat." He demanded while giving me a playful smack on the butt. "I want my little one big and chunky. You too, if that's what it takes."