Unexpected Disrespect

AUGUST'S POV

We all kissed and hugged my momma goodbye as she boarded the plane to go back to NOLA. We waved until we couldn't see anymore and then began walking back to the car. As we were walking, a girl that was about 15 or 16 nervously approached us. I shifted Ava to the opposite side and waited for the girl to speak.

"I don't mean to be annoying or anything, but I'm a really big fan and--Can you take a picture with me? Please?" She asked in a high pitched nervous tone.

I really didn't wanna start this shit at the airport. One fan sees you and has the balls to be the first to ask you for a pic even though you're out with your family, then others see and start coming up. Next thing you know, you having a free meet and greet. I loved my fans, but I hated doing this shit while I was out with my family. Especially with Nique. Cause she doesn't like to bring the bodyguards. She says they draw more attention to us and it starts a big frenzy, which it kinda does. And she doesn't want that around Ava every time we go out.

"Uh, yeah." I nodded and handed Ava to Nique. "But we gotta make it quick before other folks start coming too."

She handed Nique her phone and we took a quick picture. As we were giving her back her phone, she asked me a quick question.

"Are you guys back together?" She asked like she had to keep it hush hush.

Zonnique raised her eyebrows at me and waited for my reply. She knows how I feel about this. I can't just up and say "oh, yeah this my girl" without talking to my managers.

"We gotta go, but it was nice meeting you." I stated.

"I won't tell anyone." She said quickly. "I was just curious. I think you guys are a really cute couple, and your daughter is gorgeous."

"Thank you." I chuckled. "We really gotta go though."

"Alright, alright." She giggled. "Bye you guys. Thanks for the picture August."

We waved to her as we walked away.

We got to the car and I offered to strap Ava into her carseat, but Nique told me she could do it herself. I got in drivers seat and waited.

"Papa." Ava called for me.

"Wassup baby girl?" I asked her and looked back at her through the rear view.

"Chicky nugs?" She asked with a sly smile.

I chuckled. She was asking for some chicken nuggets from McDonalds.

"Aight." I nodded.

Nique got into the passengers side and closed the door. She crossed her legs and leaned against the door, staring out the window. At that point, I knew I had fucked up. 'Cause when she ain't yelling, it's a problem.

"Can we stop by McDonalds? Ava wants some chicken nuggets." I asked Nique.

"I don't care." She waved the question off. "Do whatever you want to do." She stated. "I'm just here for the ride anyways."

I wanted to address that shit right after she said it, but I didn't want to argue in front of Ava. So, I let it go, for now.

I let out a deep sigh and started making my way to McDonalds. The whole way there, she didn't neither of us said anything. The only sounds were the music playing and Ava trying to sing along. She happily danced as she sang along to Feeling Myself.

"World STOP!" She said loudly. "Carry on." She giggled.

I laughed a little and pulled into the drive through.