Pack Your Bags

ZONNIQUE'S POV

I was walking through the mall, doing a little retail therapy. Since Bre was in town for the week, she wanted to keep Ava for the day. Ava was more than happy to see her Auntie and I was happy to have some time alone. August was at the studio and my mother was at my house, freeloading. I walked into bath and body works and heard my phone ringing in my purse. I sighed then pulled my phone out of my purse. I had a text from August. I unlocked my phone then read the text.

August💞😒"I miss you and I can't wait to see you later."

I wonder what he wants. He never sends me random texts like that.

Me "I miss you too... Wyd?"

I suspiciously watched the three dots, waiting for him to reply as I slowly walked. I accidentally bumped into someone, causing my phone to drop.

"Oh shit..." I mumbled under my breath as I was about to bend over to get my phone. "Sorry."

"It's cool. I got it." She grabbed my phone for me.

Surprisingly, my phone was still on the conversation between August and I. She handed me my phone and began to speak just as I was beginning to walk off.

"So, you must be the infamous Nique?" She asked.

I stopped dead in my tracks. I whipped around amd stared at the girl behind the black frames and lenses of my favorite Ray Bans. I had no idea who this girl was, but with her calling me Nique, she must know me. I cocked my head to the side and waited for her to explain how she knew me.

"Oh, sorry." She chuckled. "I'm Taylor..."

I raised my eyebrow in an "okay, AND" type of way. I don't even know anybody named Taylor.

"I'm the girl that August got pregnant." She said bluntly, trying to jog my memory.

I was a little taken back by her statement, and at first I wanted to just label this as a joke and walk off. Then I looked down at her slightly protruding stomach. My face instantly hardened and I stared her down. If looks could kill, she would be dead.

I almost forgot about him doing that.

"Oh." I said flatly.

"I know this probably wasn't the way you wanted to meet me, but I figured that I should say hi." She explained.

"Oh." I repeated.

What makes this girl think that she can just up and say hi to me? Like, why is she so comfortable with talking to me? Does she think we're supposed to be friends or something?

"Well, I just wanted you to know who I was. Maybe we can get together and have lunch one day." She suggested.

I scrunched up my face. "No."

I quickly turned and walked off.

What the fuck. Why was she even talking to me!? And then she had the audacity to suggest that the two of us meet up for lunch! Either this bitch is mental or she was trying to be petty and make jokes.

I stormed out of the mall and speed walked to my car. After throwing the stuff I had bought into my trunk, I got into the car and grabbed my phone. I sent August a quick text and I was so irritated that my fingers were practically flying around the keyboard.

Me "We need to fucking talk! Like ASAP!"

August💞😒 "Wassup?"

Me "I'm so fucking pissed! I can't text! Are you still at the studio!?"