The Last Straw

ZONNIQUE'S POV

I scooped some peanut butter out of the jar with my apple slice before popping it into my mouth. While I was eating to satisfy my sudden cravings, I scrolled through the pictures from my most recent photoshoot. There wasn't really much else for me to do. Ava was taking her nap and we're back at my house now, so it's not like August is here. Plus, I had already cleaned the house spotless. Speaking of August, I haven't talked to him all day. So, I guess I'll call him real quick and see what he's up to.

PHONE CONVO

"Hey, wassup baby?" He said, answering the phone.

Mm... The way he says baby in his deep New Orleans accent is so sexy.

"Nothing... I was just wondering what you were up to?" I asked him.

"Oh, I just left the gym." He stated. "It's actually not too far from your house..."

"Really?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Yeah. It's maybe about 10 minutes away."

"Hm, well, Ava is upstairs taking a nap. So, if you were to come over, we would basically have the house to ourselves." I said quietly.

"... I'm on my way."

END OF PHONE CONVO

I smirked and got up to change outfits. I rushed upstairs and took off the yoga pants and sports bra that I had on. Then I slipped on a pair of compression shorts and a t-shirt. It was still a comfortable and casual outfit, but I just felt like this looked better. I brushed my teeth to get rid of the peanut butter taste in my mouth. Once I was finished, I went back downstairs to finish looking through my photoshoot pictures.

About 5 minutes later, August was at the door using his key to get in. He stepped inside and closed the door behind him before walking over to me.

I looked over my shoulder. "Hey babe."

"Hey." He leaned over me and gave me a quick kiss. "What are you doing?"

"Looking through these pictures, trying to decide which one I want to post on Instagram." I stated. "I'll be done in a second. Then you'll have my undivided attention."

He chuckled, resting his hands on my shoulders. "Take your time, baby."

As I was scrolling through the pictures, he began to massage my shoulders.

"What do you think about this one?" I asked him.

"It's sexy, but not too sexy. You look gorgeous." He stated as he leaned forward for a better look. "Plus that dress makes your boobs look good." He said playfully, trying to sound like one of my girl friends. "Post it."

"August!" I laughed. "Be serious!"

"I am being serious." He chuckled. "Post it, ma'. That's the one."

"Yeah. This one is really good. I'll post it." I nodded before closing my laptop.

"What you got a jar of peanut butter out for?" He asked curiously.