ARC 2 - Chapter 2.5

Leaving the Xiao family, Qing Yun took a deep breath of the cold air and felt relaxed.

What he told Mother Xiao was not a lie. The Xiao family only restricted him. Leaving would allow Qing Yun to show his face to the broader world instead of only focusing on the Xiao family.

Qing Yun had not planned to stay in the Xiao family, and now he just took an excuse to leave.

He walked slowly down the road. He had left his car in the garage of the Xiao family’s house, which was not far from where the Xiao family held their banquet but not close either. However, Qing Yun did not intend to make another trip back to get his car.

Just as he was pondering about the means of transportation, a car slowly drove up and stopped beside Qing Yun.

The car window lowered, and it was indeed Zou Chen again.

“What? Didn’t you go back?” Qing Yun raised his chin towards him. The red marks on his white neck were completely eye-catcher even under the dim street lights.

Zou Chen coughed lightly and looked away.

He opened the car door and said, “I was worried about you, so I came back to check on you.”

“Oh, you’re late then.” Qing Yun’s voice was sarcastic, but he didn’t hesitate to step into his car.

Zou Chen smiled bitterly and apologized to him, “I was too reckless today, but I really couldn’t help it, do you understand?”

He wasn’t joking. When he saw Qing Yun, he even felt like the control of his body had just shifted into the youth’s hands. But what was odd was that Zou Chen, a man who had been in a high position for a long time, didn’t reject this feeling at all.

Looking at the cold side face of the young man beside him, Zou Chen stopped the car at the side of the road and looked at Qing Yun, “You said you don’t like to have people following you around, so I removed them.”

“I respect all your decisions.” He took Qing Yun’s hand, and his usually unsmiling face actually showed a slightly pleading look, “But, give me a chance to get to know you, okay?”

Qing Yun chuckled lightly. Of course, he knew what Zou Chen was referring to.

He looked at Zou Chen sideways and raised his chin, the expression on his face was seven points arrogant and three points provocative, “Oh?”

Zou Chen looked at him deeply, his eyes all eager.

“Heh, it depends on your ability.”

The youth’s soft words were mostly blown away by the wind outside the car, leaving only a few echoes inside the car, but Zou Chen was ecstatic.

Just when Zou Chen thought that he would finally be able to pursue Qing Yun in a big way, he didn’t expect that the next day, Qing Yun led Zhao Bowen to board a plane to M country.

So the Zou’s staff, once again, witnessed the madness of their own boss.

“Get out!” The cup brushed past the department head’s face and smashed into the doorframe with a loud clang.

The department head immediately retreated with an ashen face and exchanged fearful glances with the secretary outside the door.

There was a chaotic clatter in the room, then the man’s suppressed roar of frustration exploded, “Shit! Who the hell is this surnamed, Zhao!”

Zhao Bowen, who had just stepped off the plane, was in a daze as if he was being watched by something monstrous. He shrank into his neck and sighed. M country’s cold air was not a secret.