ARC 7 - Chapter 7.10

A light cough interrupted Qi Yue’s thoughts. Only when he saw that the General’s expression became normal did the military commander begin to speak: “General, the Third Prince has something to discuss with you and summons you to his tent.”

Qi Yue responded. As soon as he heard it was the Third Prince, two stern traces immediately appeared between his eyebrows, and his aura became unfathomable. He stood up and wrapped the folding fan carefully in a silk handkerchief before turning around.

Looking at Qi Yue, treasuring that fan like some rare treasure, the military commander again felt soreness in his teeth. He calmed down well before he came up to Qi Yue and talked about the Third Prince in detail.

“General, the Third Prince has recently collected a lot of local troops. I’m afraid that he wants to come strong.”

Come strong? A trace of ridicule flashed in Qi Yue’s eyes. He did not know about the Third Prince’s recent move to recruit soldiers, but the local troops he had gathered could not compete with the Imperial Guard under the Grand Prince. Even if they reached the Capital, they would end up being captured as rebels.

In order to ensure that the Grand Prince is brought down, Qi Yue has sent a message to the north and deployed some more men and horses to come.

When he walked into the tent of the Third Prince, Yan Lan was standing in front of the sand table with several local officers. When he saw Qi Yue coming, he immediately dismissed several people around him and greeted him with a warm face: “General Qi, come quickly, I have an errand to hand over to you.”

Qi Yue saluted and walked forward.

Yan Lan had already received a letter from the Minister of Rites. Although the Minister of Rites was very sure that Qi Yue was definitely not a member of the Grand Prince’s force, the doubts in Yan Lan’s heart had never dissipated.

For some reason, he always had an inexplicable feeling that this General, based in the north of the country, had something to do with his sick brother.

The Third Prince also scoffed at the rumors that Qi Yue used the army like a god. He had already advised Qi Yue to bring more men and horses. After all, the Imperial Guard in the hands of the First Prince should not be underestimated. Still, the man was arrogant and did not listen, and now he said that there were not enough men. Where is this kind of using the army like a god?

At this time, Yan Lan still does not know the change of the Imperial Guard. The Imperial army before was very good, in his opinion. If he saw the appearance of the army after its transformation, Yan Lan would not have decided to attack the Capital so hastily.

He has now made his plans. Now that he has not yet entered the Capital, he urgently needs Qi Yue’s army to help. But even if he uses Qi Yue again, he will not let this person touch his core interest groups but only use him as a tool to fight.

As soon as he sits on the throne, he will secretly murder Qi Yue and take over his Northern army. As for the rumored superior martial arts skills of Qi Yue, Yan Lan did not consider it at all. In his opinion, it was just a problem that could be solved by a cup of poisoned wine.

Keenly aware of the killing intent in the eyes of the Third Prince, Qi Yue simply wanted to sarcastically laugh out loud. This person really can not see the situation. It is the Third Prince himself with the imperial decree seeking shelter with him. Moreover, Qi Yue has the military power in hand. If he wants to overturn the Third Prince and destroy his imperial decree, it is easy to do so.