ARC 7 - Chapter 7.13

“Have you gotten all the words out of those two’s mouths?” Emperor Hongming sat at the table and asked Eunuch Su.

“Your Majesty, in fact, these two have already been interrogated by the Grand Prince. This is the transcript of the interrogation at that time, which was sent by Eunuch Chen, who was with the Grand Prince.” Eunuch Su handed over a pile of paper.

Once he saw the handwriting on the paper, Emperor Hongming recognized almost instantly that it was written by Yan Sa personally, stroke by stroke. Looking at the sharp writing on the paper, Emperor Hongming could hardly imagine the anger in that child’s heart when he asked the truth out of these two people.

Emperor Hongming’s eyes grew deeper and deeper as he looked over the paper in his hands. At this time, his mind strangely returned to the peak of his life. Even though every word on the paper made his heart cry, he maintained his composure until he saw a slightly new line of ink on the paper at the end. Then, his eyes suddenly fluttered.

“The love between you and me, father and son, has long since faded away!”

Touching the sharp strokes on the paper, Emperor Hongming’s eyes were filled with sorrow.

Eunuch Su walked in with a bowl of steaming medicine and coincidentally saw Emperor Hongming flipping through to the last page and went over to comfort him. “Your Majesty, come and drink the medicine. This is the prescription that the Grand Prince took the trouble to find. It is the filial piety of the Grand Prince!”

Emperor Hongming was stunned and turned his head to look at the medicine bowl in Eunuch Su’s hand. He had drunk this medicine countless times but had not thought that the drug was ineffective when taken for a long time. This medicine was able to maintain its healing effect all the time, and in the end, it must have taken Sa’er much effort.

Accepting the medicine bowl and drinking it, Emperor Hongming sighed with emotion in his eyes. This child is still too soft-hearted and has moved to force the palace to take the trouble to save his life.

As the two were talking, the sound of neat footsteps rang out from outside the hall. Emperor Hongming glanced out the window and frowned as he asked Eunuch Su: “The Imperial Guard has been practicing frequently recently. What is the situation?”

Eunuch Su nodded towards Emperor Hongming and said, “I heard from my servant yesterday that there is some disturbance outside the Capital. I am afraid that……the Third Prince has assembled his army to attack the Capital.”

“Nonsense!” Emperor Hongming’s face immediately sank, and he slapped the table, ” The Capital is prosperous now. What is he trying to do!”

In the beginning, Emperor Hongming summoned Qi Yue and asked him to protect the Third Prince, but only as an escort. It was not a sign that the Third Prince should use the strength of the Northern Army to start a war.

Now, after a bit of thought, Emperor Hongming knew why the Third Prince had such intentions. He must have discovered that the Capital had been improved by the Grand Prince like an iron barrel. The influential courtiers of the court were all obedient to the Grand Prince, so he panicked.

However, Qi Yue and Yang Hui even let the Third Prince fool around? Emperor Hongming looked grim. He knew Qi Yue’s skills, and if he really led an attack on the Capital, the Imperial army would surely face a bloody battle.