ARC 10 - Chapter 10.6

Qing Yun left before taking a thoughtful look at the aircraft where Andrea was in. He had a feeling that something seemed wrong with the general he saw today, but when he went to probe again, the wrongness had disappeared.

Andrea sat in the aircraft and looked at the scale in his hand. Due to the intimidating power that emanated from the scale at all times, he could not treat it with a casual attitude.

He put the scale into a top-grade energy shield. Then as if he thought of something, he sent a message to his subordinates with his communicator: “Send the gift I prepared for Phil to him.”

Still unaware that Ilos had returned to the Gled family, Phil was now being treated in a private hospital.

On his back was a huge bloody scar, which was in the shape of a cat. Now, under the doctor’s operation, this scar is slowly disappearing.

The process was obviously extremely painful, and Phil’s entire face was distorted.

“This is only a temporary cover-up. You will need at least six months of treatment if you want the scar to disappear completely.” The doctor said to Phil.

The bond between the companion beast and the contract person is so strong that it can be said that they live and die together. Phil also used drugs to successfully kill his companion beast and hold on to his life, but this scar is the price he has to pay.

Even if the scar disappears according to the doctor’s words, the pain will be with Phil for life.

“No, I can’t wait that long. All I need is to be able to keep this scar from being noticed at the selection of the contract person in three days.” Phil wiped off the beads of sweat on his face and stroked his back expressionlessly.

“This cover will last until that time, but you will have to avoid some special drug solution to do so.” The doctor gave two more instructions before leaving.

At this time, a nurse brought a bouquet of flowers as well as a gift box: “Young Master Phil, General Andrea has sent you a gift.”

Phil immediately received the words and the gift box with a joyful face. He opened the gift box and found a black bracelet lying inside.

This bracelet is quite heavy and seems to be made of some special metal material. The moment Phil held it in his hand, his personal terminal even detected an abnormal magnetic field on the bracelet.

A card was under the bracelet, and on it, he was told to wear the bracelet when he participated in the selection and that it would bring him good luck.

The gift from his beloved, so why would Phil refuse it? He immediately put the bracelet on his wrist and at the same time sent a message to Andrea thanking him for the gift.

Andrea has returned home at this time. He looked at the message sent by Phil and could not help but hook the corners of his mouth.

He volunteered for the task of going to the palace to get His Majesty’s scale for the selection of the contract person. This was different from the job of arranging candidate placement that Andrea had thought of before, but it gave him more room to maneuver.

The bracelet he gave to Phil was not an ordinary bracelet, but a magnetic device that attracts the magnetic force on the shield where the scale was placed.