ARC 10 - Chapter 10.5

How could Mrs. Gled not be alarmed at the sight of a man who was supposed to be dead appearing out of nowhere, especially when the man was killed by her own hand?

“I, Ilos? Is it really you?” Mrs. Gled stood up, and instead of approaching her adopted son, she scuffled back several steps, only stopping when she touched the flower vase behind her.

“Madam, haven’t you been expecting me to return?” Qing Yun asked in a sarcastic tone.

Mrs. Gled’s face changed several times before she could eventually only pull out an embarrassed smile. She calmed down slightly and asked in a pinpoint manner, “Are you really Ilos? Those who traveled with you at the beginning said that you were caught in an interstellar storm, and the police have also confirmed your death……”

She absolutely could not believe that Ilos was still alive. Back then, she witnessed this young man taking the poison she prepared and curling up on the floor in agony.

And if there was no accident, Ilos should have been thrown to that garbage star long ago!

Thinking of this, Mrs. Gled suddenly thought of the station master who had not contacted her for a long time and gritted her teeth secretly.

Could it be that there was a problem with that step?

“Madam, you said I was traveling and encountered an interstellar storm, something I don’t remember. However, in any case, you should be happy for my return.” Qing Yun glanced at Mrs. Gled. Although he did not know exactly how Ilos died, he figured it would always have something to do with his stepmother.

He didn’t pay attention to Mrs. Gled, whose face turned pale, but said to the agent next to him, who had an expression like seeing a ghost: “Sir, when I returned, I have already verified my identity and reapplied for a personal terminal.”

Saying that, he raised his wrist towards the agent, “Look, so now you should be able to confirm my identity.”

“Oh, that’s a miracle. You’re still alive. That’s great, sir.” Seeing that brand new personal terminal, the agent finally breathed a sigh of relief and sent his blessing towards Qing Yun.

“So these transfer papers won’t be necessary, right?” Qing Yun raised the papers in his hand.

The agent shrugged, “Of course, this is all based on your death. Since you are still alive and your identity has been confirmed, these things are null and void.”

Seeing the duck in her mouth fly away1, Mrs. Gled’s panic and distress stirred together, almost suffocating her to death with one breath. However, something even more unpleasant happened to her. The agent had just left, and before Mrs. Gled, who had obviously changed her personality, could say a word to Ilos, there was an announcement from the butler at the door.

“Young Master I, Ilos, the council has sent you an invitation to participate in the selection of His Majesty’s contract person.”

“What? You’re going to participate in the selection of the contract person?” Mrs. Gled’s voice that had changed its tone rang out once again. This time, it was simply louder than when she had just seen Ilos come home.

Taking the invitation from the butler’s hand, Qing Yun then gave Mrs. Gled a straight look: “Madam, you have always denounced me as a waste before. Now, it is time for me to prove it to you.”