ARC 3 - Chapter 3.10

Chris stiffly announced that the press conference was over and then turned around to leave, but the camera still caught his reddened eyes the moment he turned his head.

The screen went blank for a moment before a pop-up appeared: [Who the hell called Jorah a coward? Come out now, I promise I won’t kill you.]

[I want to cry, I want to slap myself. I didn’t know Jorah, and yet I still made up stories.]

[No point in talking about it. Go apologize.]

The topic of #Let’s apologize to Jorah# quickly rose.

Another wave of people flooded into Jorah’s StarNet page. When they saw the line “My dream is to sing to the world” on the homepage again, they all felt a trace of bitterness in their hearts.

They had previously mocked this line, but now they just wanted to go back in time and pull their heads off.

Wasn’t their mockery a stab in the heart of Jorah, whose voice had been damaged?

The apologetic comments momentarily overshadowed the earlier taunts, and Ramiel’s earlier comments defending Jorah were put on top of the others.

It turns out that Jorah saved Dr. Ramiel in the beginning. If Jorah hadn’t, and Dr. Ramiel had been arrested, would they be living such an easy life now?

[Crying in the toilet, I hope Jorah hasn’t been watching StarNet these days. Otherwise, it would be hard for him to see our words when he’s so badly injured…]

[Now I know why Admiral Chris fell in love with Jorah. I’m in love with him too. From now on, Chris isn’t my husband, I am Jorah’s wife!]

[Voice! The voice! Am I the only one who cares about Jorah’s voice? Is it still curable? This voice can’t go away ahhhh! By the way, did you guys record the previous song?]

[Fuck, I was so heartbroken, who’d even think to record…]

Someone had recorded it, and maybe they’d started with bad intentions, but they had given Jorah plenty of respect when they finally released it. They edited out the torture and only put the part where he sang on the Star Network.

The video was wildly forwarded as soon as it appeared, with everyone indulging themselves in his singing voice and even praising it as the most beautiful voice of the century.

Even though they had already seen it once, the crowd burst into tears when they saw the boy’s throat injury again. They frantically flocked to Jorah’s StarNet page to praise and encourage him.

Just as everyone was expecting Jorah to get well and once again show this beautiful voice to the public, Ramiel released a statement. He not only revealed that he had adopted Jorah but also helplessly said that Jorah’s voice was no longer recoverable.

Even though the outcome was expected, people were still heartbroken. They were even regretting why they were so harsh on Jorah in the first place.

With that unfinished national anthem, Jorah’s name became famous throughout the Federation.

Only then did the general public learn that the reason the Federation was able to avert the crisis was not only because of Admiral Chris, not only because of those five brave soldiers of the First Legion but also because of this young man. He used his fragile back to carry the fate of the entire Federation.

Without paying attention to the renewed craze rising on the Star Network, it took Chris half a day to compose himself.

Seeing Chris, the housekeeper guarding the living room immediately stepped forward and bowed, “General, Young Master Jorah has been awake for a whole day, would you like to check on him?”