ARC 7 - Chapter 7.11

As soon as the palace maid saw Emperor Hongming, she immediately cried and lunged towards him: “Your Majesty! Your Majesty, please spare this servant. All those things were done by the servant at the behest of Concubine Shu. My family was under her control, and I had to follow her orders.”

Concubine Shu? What is it about Concubine Shu? Emperor Hongming was surprised, but his hand subconsciously squeezed the purse at his waist. He ignored the palace maid’s cries and looked seriously at Chen Bing: “What do you mean by bringing these two people here?”

Chen Bing did not answer. The matter was about Concubine Shu and the Grand Prince’s mother, so it was not convenient for him to watch. He turned around and went to the outer room.

This palace maid’s mental state is highly abnormal. She was like crazy as she was kneeling on the ground and kowtowing: “The Empress is virtuous, and this servant did not want to kill her. It is all because of Concubine Shu’s orders!”

Empress? As soon as he heard the ambiguous words of the maid, Emperor Hongming’s cloudy eyes immediately exploded with a burst of light. He walked up to the maid like a bloodthirsty wolf, breathing so fast that he could barely speak, “What did you……you say? How did the Empress die?”

His chest rose and fell sharply, obviously not breathing well. Frightened, Eunuch Su immediately ran up to ease Emperor Hongming’s breathing: “Your Majesty, don’t be anxious, don’t be anxious!”

While soothing Emperor Hongming, Eunuch Su carefully looked at the maid on the ground. He saw her face under her messy hair and was surprised: “You are the grand palace maid beside Concubine Shu? After the death of Concubine Shu, didn’t you also die of illness?”

The palace maid obviously fell into a frenzy, unable to hear the words of Eunuch Su. She kowtowed like a madman and shouted with fear on her face: “Your Majesty, please spare this servant. It was Concubine Shu who ordered this servant to push the Grand Prince into the water! It was the Third Prince who caused The Grand Prince to fall off his horse, not this servant!”

The Emperor has just slightly stabilized his breathing, but because of the palace maid’s words again, he held his chest, pointing at the palace maid: “Tell me! Tell me clearly, how Yuan Yuan died!”

He saw the old physician, who was showing his age, and turned to Eunuch Su and said, “Ask him, ask him for me!”

The old Imperial Physician, whose words were good even when he was dying, told the story of his mistakes in the past: “Your Majesty, when the Empress died of illness, it was Concubine Shu who sent me to put poison in the medicinal soup for the Empress.”

“This drug progresses slowly. First, the skin becomes red and itchy, then it ulcerates. If left untreated, it will heal itself. If combined with a certain medicine for the skin, it will invade the body’s internal organs, and finally, the body’s organs will fail and cause death. This drug was also given to the Grand Prince. However, the Grand Prince usually takes medicine that contradicts the one for the treatment of the skin. Therefore, the Grand Prince only survived because of the medicine he used……”

With the old doctor’s words, all the symptoms of the Empress before she died flashed before the eyes of Emperor Hongming. He remembered that the Empress suddenly had rashes on her skin, so she did not sleep for several days. His Yuan Yuan was afraid that he would get sick and kept him outside the room.