ARC 7 - Chapter 7.9

Once they heard the name of the Northern General, there was an uproar in the courtroom.

After all, Qi Yue has a special status in the whole Great Yan Empire. Many officials have suggested to Emperor Hongming many times to weaken Qi Yue’s military power because Qi Yue has high merit and has an absolute say in the northern border. If there is a rebellion, the whole Great Yan can not resist his Northern army.

Wei Lin looked at the Minister of Rites, who mentioned the identity of the governor of Xiangzhou, and thought flashed in his eyes.

His Highness was targeted for assassination a few days ago. If he was not mistaken, the one who fought with His Highness at that time was General Qi Yue. Qi Yue should be working for the Third Prince, and the Minister of Rites is also under the command of the Third Prince. How can it be so specific to imply that the governor of Xiangzhou is using Qi Yue’s power to commit corruption?

The Minister of Rites seems to be full of worries and appears to be thinking about how to solve the matter of Xiangzhou, but in reality, he has been closely watching the expression of the Grand Prince and his reaction to this matter.

He deliberately mentioned this matter in the courtroom today because he received a sign from Yang Hui. The information in Yang Hui’s letter was very brief, only noting that the Third Prince suspected that General Qi Yue and the Grand Prince had long been in contact and asked him to test it. The governor of Xiangzhou has been acting exceptionally boldly since his daughter’s engagement to Qi Yue a year ago. It just so happens that there is a flood in Xiangzhou, which is why the Minister of Rites mentioned this.

The news that Qi Yue returned from the Capital empty-handed naturally aroused the suspicions of the Third Prince. If the Minister of Rites knew that Qi Yue was the assassin that day, he would, of course, have explained to Yang Hui properly. But Yang Hui’s letter tried to be brief and did not mention Qi Yue’s visit to the Capital to assassinate the Grand Prince.

“What does the Minister of Rites mean by this? Is it because the Governor of Xiangzhou is related to General Qi Yue by marriage that he should be allowed to bully the people?” The Grand Prince’s clear and crisp voice rang out.

But everyone noticed that the voice was different from usual, with a hint of indescribable gloom.

Qing Yun’s hand hidden in his sleeve robe has been clenched into a fist. If a certain man was there, he would have been beaten up immediately.

Oh, he did not know that Qi Yue had a marriage matter. If not for the Mongolian people eyeing the northern border, this man would have returned to the Capital to get married, wouldn’t he?

“Your Highness should know what kind of status General Qi Yue has in Great Yan, and General Qi is very satisfied with this marriage, so……” the Minister of Rites said. The people in the courtroom immediately felt the Great Prince’s unconcealed anger and are terrified.

The power in the hands of this General Qi is too big that even the Grand Prince can not tolerate it?

Perceiving the Grand Prince’s anger, the Minister of Rites secretly said in his heart: The Grand Prince, under my inciting words, even unusually moved to anger. This is enough to show that the Grand Prince has long been dissatisfied with Northern General Qi Yue. The Third Prince is just overly worried.

In fact, this marriage was decided on a whim a year ago by Emperor Hongming. Qi Yue has not returned to the court for more than a year, and he does not know about this marriage, so how can he be “very satisfied” according to the Minister of Rites.