ARC 8 - Chapter 8.9

The mercenaries who stayed in the border city were also affected by that shining light in the darkness and have joined the battlefield and fought with blood. Each one of them worked hard for the survival of their own group, yet at this critical moment, their souls were released to the greatest extent.

They finally really feel what it means to be alive, and this consciousness makes them more courageous to attack the demons.

The demon army was endless, but the small border city miraculously resisted the demon attack. Under the light of healing magic, every warrior felt full of strength and courage.

Without needing to turn around, they know that behind them, there is a soft and brave small body that carried all the responsibility of a ruler, to support them and working together with them, the fighters.

That light shining in the darkness became the faith of everyone’s heart.

Even the demons, who were the invading party, could not help but feel puzzled. They shouldered the damage of that blinding light, trying to see through the brilliant white light to see who exactly was standing on the walls that could make these human warriors explode with such power.

They could not imagine why the warlike dwarves were defeated in their hands, but they were met with the strongest resistance in this small human city.

Hughes roared and stabbed his sword through the body of a demon. He drew his own sword and had turned back to the figure on the wall. From his perspective, he could just see the blue skirt under the cover of white light. This wide and gorgeous skirt is inlaid with a thousand sapphires, but none of them can cover up the light of their master.

He remembered the first time he saw this teenager. Even though he had the same looks as the real Princess Lydia, he did not have the elegance of a princess. After knowing that he was heading to the Morris Mountains, he even struggled to escape in various ways. However, it was not just one day that this youth quieted down as if he had accepted his fate. He no longer struggled, no longer cursed, but quietly marched towards the Morris Mountains.

At the same time, Joyce also began to learn magic from that dangerous man. At first, Hughes could not understand his move. In his opinion, this teenager is already waiting for death, so what is the use of learning more magic and becoming more powerful? Can he resist the dragon?

But today, hearing the teenager’s words and looking at him throwing himself into the battlefield despite the crisis, Hughes understood. He accepted the reality because he already knew that no one would help him. He could only go into battle alone. But even after recognizing the reality, he did not lose the heart of resistance.

This youth, who was struggling unyieldingly against fate himself, had likewise taught them what resistance was!

“Kill!” Hughes took a deep look at that shining and incomparable figure and then turned around to meet the fight again. He had already forgotten the orders given to him by the Grand Mage and the reasons for desperately defending Princess Lydia because these were worthless in the context of the survival of the entire group.

The demon army surged up one batch after another. Naturally, some of the higher-ranked demons saw the role played by that figure on the wall and began to focus their attacks towards Qing Yun on the wall.

A large number of warriors surged towards those higher-ranked demons, desperately trying to stop their movements because in their hearts, the light on the city wall had become their lifelong faith, one that absolutely could not be trampled on by others.