ARC 5 - Chapter 5.11

Sheng Feng and the others continued to move forward, looking for a suitable place to stop. They decided to settle in the suburbs.

One day, the convoy was stationed again. Ding Shiang and Li Ye both went to scout around for any suitable places, while Chen Min was responsible for cooking.

She rummaged through the supplies and surprisingly found a can of fresh, canned fruit. Chen Min subconsciously wanted to take the can and send it to Qing Yun. She laughed bitterly. Although she was very clear about the memory of the psychological suggestion given to her at the beginning, she was still influenced by it and was very loyal to Qing Yun.

Qing Yun wasted a few seeds and planted them by himself, but they didn’t feel the least bit wrong. Instead, they watched Qing Yun cherish the plants that were almost ruined, and they couldn’t help but care.

Nevertheless, Li Ye and Ding Shiang both wanted to help Qing Yun take care of those pots, but Qing Yun was unwilling to take others’ help.

With these thoughts, Chen Min did not think there was anything wrong with Sheng Feng’s approach. This was the end of times, and it was the most normal thing for the weak to submit to the strong. Sheng Feng also promised to guide their abilities and suppress them by force if something happens. There was nothing else to say.

Chen Min was in a daze. Then, she saw Sheng Feng walking out of the car, and she subconsciously bowed her head and said, “Dinner will be ready in a while……”

Now, Chen Min’s few feelings of affection for Sheng Feng have long since worn away because of his cold attitude. Although Sheng Feng is too indifferent, it seems that all his tenderness has been given to Qing Yun alone.

Sometimes Chen Min even felt that Sheng Feng was more like the one who received the psychological hint compared to the five of them.

“Have Li Ye and Ding Shiang come back? When they come back, the five of you come to my car together. Qing Yun has something to ask you.” Sheng Feng said in a deep voice.

Chen Min responded. She did not know if she was overthinking, but she felt that Sheng Feng’s tone was not very good and seemed to carry some unspoken danger.

When Li Ye and Ding Shiang came back, they walked to Sheng Feng’s car together. They thought Qing Yun would give them some task, but once they entered the vehicle, they just saw the youth sitting in the back, fiddling with the several pots of plants.

These plants were a few pots of berries. Unexpectedly, they emerged from the contaminated soil used by Qing Yun, and there was no trace of mutation at all. Now, these pots of berries are fully developed and red, looking extremely pleasing.

The young man, who was mentally only five years old, looked incredibly soft, and when he saw Chen Min and the others enter, he pushed the flower pot in his hand towards Chen Min.

“It’s for Chen Min.”

Chen Min was stunned, looking at the red and bright berries in the pot, completely unresponsive.

Although the team has already received some seeds, the seed of this berry is difficult to cultivate. Even Li Ye can not guarantee that the planted ones will not be a mutated variety. Therefore, this berry is a rare type whether it is in this team or the whole post-apocalyptic world.

Chen Min and the others know how valuable these are to Qing Yun. He moves them around every day, gives them sunlight, waters them, and devotes himself almost entirely to the cultivation of these plants.

Chen Min really did not expect that Qing Yun would give her this berry that he treasured beyond measure.

“I……mine?” Chen Min asked, pointing to herself. She looked up and met the child’s clear eyes, which clearly conveyed a feeling of gratitude.