ARC 5 - Chapter 5.9

The man’s desperate flight couldn’t help but make Qing Yun chuckle like in the previous worlds. He faintly rolled his eyes and looked down from the balcony. Lu Changfeng stumbled out of the building and ran off into the distance.

Qing Yun deliberately let Lu Changfeng go. In this world’s plot, whether it’s Lu Changfeng who has absorption ability, or him who has an experimental body with psychic ability, they are just serving dishes to Sheng Feng, the main character.

In the past, Qing Yun always found ways to disrupt the protagonist’s route, but this time is different. He wanted to see what this man would choose if the roundabout returned to the original trajectory.

Sheng Feng went out and sat at the table, waiting for the five-year-old Qing Xiaoyun. He was relieved because Qing Xiaoyun’s clear gaze made Sheng Feng unable to raise any thoughts.

But when he saw the child’s tearful eyes, Sheng Feng found himself relieved too early.

Qing Xiaoyun couldn’t find his pigeon.

“Where is my pigeon?” Qing Xiaoyun looked at Sheng Feng, sparkling tears in his eyes, his gaze was also full of accusations, “It won’t run on its own……”

Sheng Feng broke into a sweat and racked his brain, thinking about how to explain the problem to Qing Xiaoyun.

“There are only two of us here. Did you eat it?”

“I’m not, I didn’t……I……”

Sheng Feng, who did not understand how he had somehow taken the blame, looked at the tears in the child’s eyes and hurriedly walked over to wipe the tears on his hands.

“I did not eat……” Once again, seeing the child’s tears, Sheng Feng was distressed and could not help but hold the person into his arms and coax him properly, “Yes yes yes, it’s my bad, I did not watch it and let the pigeon fly away. ”

“Don’t cry, don’t cry. I’ll catch another one for you?”

“I’ll catch a parrot for you, okay? It can talk……”

Sheng Feng took a lot of effort to coax the person. He looked at the child with red eyes, who was finally willing to eat properly. He could not help but wipe the sweat on his head and laughed bitterly.

This person, no matter which state he is in, can easily make him overwhelmed.

Sheng Feng almost completed recruiting for his team, but the person Lu Changfeng mentioned when he came to him yesterday was on Sheng Feng’s mind.

He found the one who could give psychological hints in the base, and it just so happened that the person was willing to follow Sheng Feng. Sheng Feng found five people, one with fire, one with spatial, and one with plant ability. In addition to the mental ability user, the other person is also an acquaintance of Qing Yun’s. He is Ding Shiang, the team doctor from the previous group.

These five people gathered downstairs in Sheng Feng’s building, and Sheng Feng led Qing Yun to walk down.

Sheng Feng looked at these five people and said dryly, “I should have explained to you before, I may not necessarily go back to B city, whether you want to go back to B city or follow me, you should all decide.”

After Lu Changfeng got beaten up by him long ago, Sheng Feng did not need to go back to B city. Sheng Feng’s intention on this trip was to find a suitable place to live and establish his base. Sheng Feng never thought about this plan before because he did not have confidence in surviving the end times, but now it’s different. He would like to give Qing Yun a home even in the end times.