ARC 5 - Chapter 5.5

Gritting his teeth, Lu Changfeng could not help but turn red as he got out of the car. He has always been in the ranks, and now he was driven out, what would people think?

Looking coldly at Lu Changfeng getting out of the car, Sheng Feng turned his head to look at the dozing child in the passenger seat. He sighed and gently stroked the soft black hair on the child’s head.

Sheng Feng is not stupid; he just did not pay attention before. Now that he has the child with him, how can he not see that Lu Changfeng has been rude to him?

There was a vague coldness in his eyes. The other ability users in this team ignored Qing Yun, which he could understand. After all, at the end of the world, being alone has become the norm for everyone. Some people can even abandon their own children, not to mention Qing Yun, who is not mentally competent.

But what’s wrong with Lu Changfeng? Qing Yun did not hinder him. Does he have nothing better to do than to target Qing Yun?

The night slowly fell, the team stationed down again. Perhaps because the base was just around the corner, the people in the station are overflowing with joy, and the whole station is bustling with activity.

Qing Yun woke up long ago but did not run out to play as usual. Sheng Feng was afraid that he would play too much and forget to eat, so he detained the person in the car to feed him.

“Let go of your pigeon. Quick, open your mouth, and take another bite.” Sheng Feng raised his hand to turn the child’s head back towards the car again and took a spoon to feed him a spoonful of fried rice.

Qing Yun obediently opened his mouth while tugging at the rope attached to the pigeon, and said to Sheng Feng in a slurred voice, “The pigeon also eat.”

Once he saw the pigeon fluttering its wings towards this side, Sheng Feng hastily covered the bowl and reached out to flick Qing Yun’s head. “Tch, I usually see you dislike me so much. Why don’t you dislike this broken pigeon?”

Sheng Feng collected his strength, so Qing Yun was not hurt at all. Instead, he opened his mouth and asked for food.

Looking at the dependence and adoration in the child’s eyes like a young bird, Sheng Feng could not help but soften his eyebrows. The thick palm of his hand squeezed the thin handle of the spoon and then fed Qing Yun. Since that day when he refused Qing Yun’s address to him, Qing Yun really never called him that again, but a little bit of reliance slowly emerged and made Sheng Feng’s heart a soft mess.

He couldn’t help but care more about the child, fearing that he would be bullied during the evening meal, so Qing Yun ate with him at night.

Qing Yun obediently ate two bites, and then suddenly stopped and pushed the spoon to Sheng Feng’s mouth, “Sheng Feng also eat.”

His lips touched the fresh fragrant rice grains, and Sheng Feng suddenly froze. The child’s bright eyes looked at him instantly, and there was a dazed concern in his eyes.

Sheng Feng’s eyes suddenly warmed up. Since the beginning of the end of the world, he has awakened his ability and has upgraded unhindered. So no matter where he was, he was always a respected powerhouse, and resources were tilted in his favor.

There have been people who approached him with supplies and sought refuge from him, but no one has ever given him food for the simple reason of “for his own good”. The child’s hand on his arm was like a hot iron, which made Sheng Feng shiver.

He hurriedly lowered his head and opened his mouth to eat the spoonful of fried rice, “Mmm, I’ll eat. You also eat, come on, open your mouth wider.”