Son of

Hyunjin's pov:

I wake up in my huge ass bed. Half of it is covered in empty food boxes and dirty clothes.

I try to visualize my day and it makes it even harder to get up.

It's going to be just like yesterday, and all the days before: hours and hours, fighting against terror.

How long will I have to keep hiding? Father hasn't been home for weeks now, not giving signs of life.

I will be safe if I stay in this apartment, but I hate it so much. Everything seems cold and uninviting. The fridge is always empty and my phone never rings.

I got to get out of here.

*

I go to school because I have nowhere else to go. Even if I feel like people don't actually see me, the crowd makes me feel less alone.

I get off my car, send off my chauffeur and wait for my crew to come greet me before taking a step towards the school building.

Then, I see him.

Why is this fucker always at the gates? Don't you have classes to attend, moron?

The name's Han Jisung, as his friends like to scream it around. I hate him. For no reason really, besides the fact that he's breathing the same air as me.

His face is the most annoying thing I've ever encountered. How can he smile like this all the time? Is life really that fun?

Like, I did as I was told and surrounded myself with strong comrades so I won't be as vulnerable. My bodyguards take me everywhere other than High School. I was trained to defend myself.

But I still don't feel safe.

I just can't get rid of this feeling of fear I have to deal with everyday for something I didn't do and didn't choose.

And this little shit, who never did anything in his life, dare to smile this bright in front of everyone, showing off how happy he is, when he's just a fucking nobody!?

Go to hell.

"Aouch!" he whines.

Please, I barely touched you.

"Move it, midget!"

Midget? Could I have found a more pathetic insult? What exactly is keeping me from jumping him and hit this annoying face of his to my heart content, since my body wants it so much? It's not like my life could get worst anyway.

I tried doing something similar in the past, to get my father to come to school, to get his attention.

But he just ignored it and simply paid the school. He sent this disappointing message, wrote in a rush, scolding me in a half-assed way, saying I'm wasting his time.

I look back at Jisung once more. Seriously, do people like him even have problems?