Back to normal?

Jisung's pov:

The day after the incident, I was back to school.

What happened had kept me up all night. And my friends were quick to realize something was up.

But when I saw Hyunjin, his gaze upon me was unchanged, and his bad attitude was the same. As if nothing ever happened.

So, I myself was quick to go back to my usual self.

I talked with Elena at recess. Ate with her. Studied like always. Completed Hyunjin's stupid tasks for the day, and took the bus back home with Felix.

But when I arrived at my house. I entered to find my dad happily discussing with Hyunjin.

🌸

Hyunjin's pov:

I know I shouldn't do this. Those people never asked for it.

But I can't help it. Guilt feels better than fear. And this house is the only place I ever felt secured.

I only came to leave at the door the horrendous leather jacket I accidentally took with me when I left Jisung's house. But when I came by, his father was around.

He asked me if I was Jisung's friend. I said I was a classmate. And just like that, he invited me inside.

I promised myself I would leave quickly, but when Jisung came back, instead of horror and hate, he just looked surprised and irritated.

Which made me completely forget the terrible situation in which I was putting this household.