Screen

Hyunjin's pov:

In the end, the reason why I could see less men around my building wasn't because they had given up. Neither because they started fighting each other.

But in fact, it was because one group finally decided to act, and gave notice to all the others to make way, unless they themselves wanted to act, or to participate.

*

I was seated on a chair, solidly attached with ropes from shoulders to toes and handcuffs on the wrist.

Just like in the movies, a white light was blinding me so I couldn't see the people around me.

All I could do was hear.

I heard a man's voice start explaining,

"So, we finally found a way to contact your trash of a father. That's why you're here. But this, you already know, right?"
I tried my best to get a glimpse of the person talking.
"Right. Now, first thing first. We want you to tell us yourself exactly why you're on this chair."

I stayed silent for a second. Then sighed and replied,

"I'm in this chair because my daddy humiliated all of you."

Without surprise, I got a rough slap right through my face for this.

"Let me formulate it more precisely: Tell us everything you know about your father's wretched schemes. Where he put our money or what he did with it."

"I wouldn't be in this country anymore if I knew anything like that."

"What an easy thing to say! We've seen your apartment and bodyguards. You obviously get money from him. How!?"

"Ever heard of a transfer?"

Another slap for my stupid face.

"From which account?"

"I have no idea. It's scripted."

The man sighed, but didn't seem more annoyed than this. He must've known I knew nothing from the beginning.

Then, a computer screen lit up behind the light, and for the first time in months, I saw my dad.

Not just a picture or a prerecorded tape, but my dad, on the other side of the line. In perfect health and looking perfectly calm.

I instinctively started shouting,

"Dad! It's really you!? Dad! It's Hyunjin!"

But got shut down immediately by a good punch on the side of my head.