From fox to puppy

Jisung's pov:

Hyunjin didn't come for this morning's second class.

What a walking problem this guy is. This is bad.

I give the pretext of bringing documents to the professors' room to abandon my friends and go search for him.

This idiot. He must know by now that everytime he disappears, it stresses me out.

What if some suspicious dude tries to knock him out again? Does he do this on purpose to make me crazy?

*

I found him.

He was at the back of the meeting room where we usually do our class rep duties. I should have known, since it used to be his spot, together with his former 'friends'.

I found him curled up in a corner, his head in his arms.

"Hyunjin...," I whispered, approaching him quietly.
"What happened?"
I came and squatted down to come put an arm around his shoulders.
"Come on, talk to me."
I heard him sniff. So, I gently forced him to look at me.
His eyes were red and his cheeks still wet.
I sighed.
"Come here."
I opened my arms and he came to hug me. There, he sobbed for a while, his head burried in my shirt, until he finally calmed down.
Once I felt his breath slow down, I laughed softly and asked jokingly,
"Seriously, it still baffles me. Which one is the real you? The mean one or the whiny one?"

"Which one do you prefer?" he asked.

I laughed.

"I could not choose!"
He rolled his eyes before sniffing again. So I came to put my forehead against his, saying,
"Don't disappear like this again, ok? Not even for a second. You will be safe as long as my eyes can get a hold of you."

He laughed, then raised his long eyes towards mine.