Sirens says

When the emergencies arrived at Hyunjin's apartment, he was breathing very weakly.

Jisung was allowed to follow him in the ambulance and stayed with him all the way to his hospital room.

But the damages were too great.

When asked if he still wanted to try the operation, which had really low chances of success, Hyunjin refused.

He had bled too much outside and inside. He would not make the night, had said the doctor.

Jisung said nothing.

He just kept Hyunjin's hand in his, staring at Hyunjin, as to fill his eyes with him as much as possible.

🌇

Hyunjin heart stopped beating as the first sun ray hit his hospital window.

At his side, Jisung stayed until all color had left his face.

The hospital then insisted for him to leave. They had found the identity of Hyunjin's father and were putting great effort into contacting him.

They promised Jisung they would inform him of the evolution on the situation, urging him to go take a rest.

Nothing could be done anymore.

🌸

Jisung's pov:

I kept rewinding in my head every second I spent with Hyunjin. And I realized, all this time, I never truly grasped how grave his situation was.

And now, it was too late.

I thought I could just split my reality in two. Put my priorities upside down whenever I wanted.

But there is only one world. And I betrayed Hyunjin on the one night he needed me...

My wanderings brought me right back to his apartment.

In front of the door, a bunch of exhausted bodyguards were seated.

I came up to them, and to their wondering eyes, I answered by a shake of the head. And by the state of my face, I knew they understood what had happened.

They took their face in their hands. They had failed.

Ignoring their sorrow, I entered.

The lights were still on, but the apartment was back to its soulless state.

I stayed far from the bedroom, but went to walk around the living room one last time. As if Hyunjin would just appear at the door once more, with his mocking face and foul-mouth.

Then, I decided to go to the kitchen. Maybe to throw away perishable food while I'm there.
Or just to reminisce.

That's where I discovered something I would've never imagined.