At his bedside (2)

"You know...even if I hated you, I liked every second I spent with you," said Hyunjin in his broken voice.
Jisung raised his face enough to look Hyunjin in the eye not covered by his bloody bandage.
"I had no good memories. Even before my dad left, I had always been alone.
But ever since I first saw your smile, my grey memories changed into more colored ones...
So, even if you dealt with me just because of my body, because I was pretty..."

"I could not care less about your appearance!" exclaimed Jisung, his gaze digging through Hyunjin's eye. "I also liked every second I spent with you!"

"Really...? Wow, hate really is such a strange feeling..."

"I don't hate you, dumbass! I love you!"

Hyunjin stayed frozen. He lightly turned his bruised head to look at Jisung better. Then, he started crying quietly.

"Really? You love me?"

Jisung nodded vividly.

"Yes! I love you, Hwang Hyunjin! Every part of your stupid self! Don't you love me!?"

Hyunjin coughed a laugh, and said,

"Yes, I- I think I love you too."

Jisung laughed through the tears.

"Thank God!" He fell back to his knees and kept crying in the palm of Hyunjin's hand."

They stayed like this for a little while, in the silence.

Until Hyunjin asked,
"Would you give me a kiss?"

Jisung whipped his nose and nodded.

He carefully got up, leaned above Hyunjin, and came to put the gentlest kiss on Hyunjin's lips.

The broken boy then started crying again, murmuring:

"Thank you, idiot."

"Please, Hyunjin...just say my name."

"Thank you, Han Jisung."